1.    #1  
    I went to pick up a new Pre after only using it for two weeks due to a loose corner. After reloading everything Preware and all, I am having a issue when I am running a program such as SMS and send a MMS picture and close the phone after hitting send. The phone screen starts to look fizzled out and the entire phone shuts down. Anybody else seen this? Any suggestions?
    Hello, fellow Memphian.

Is your battery loose? I've seen a couple of posts about loose batteries since the AT&T phones came out. If so, some people have inserted a little piece of paper into the compartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by soloque View Post
    I went to pick up a new Pre after only using it for two weeks due to a loose corner. After reloading everything Preware and all, I am having a issue when I am running a program such as SMS and send a MMS picture and close the phone after hitting send. The phone screen starts to look fizzled out and the entire phone shuts down. Anybody else seen this? Any suggestions?
    If this is happening after you close the slider it could be because of a loose battery. There used to be issues with this on Sprint and they resolved it by putting bumpers behind the battery. If you think it may be this, fold a piece of paper and push it behind the battery to keep it from moving.

if that solves it, take it in to the store to have a it fixed on a more permanent basis.
  4.    #4  
    Greetings from the Mtown,
    The battery is not loose at all. I only see the event happen when the Pre is in the loading mode of an app.
    it wont appear to you as loose, but that could be what it is... Prove it by using some paper wedges. I vaguely recall that Palm made a slight change in the battery to make it fit more snugly because the slider was jarring the battery just enough to shut it off. My first Pre did it, but I had to replace right away it for another problem so I didn't get a chance to figure out if it was the battery or the battery slot that was changed.

Either way, start by following the advice to wedge the battery in with some paper...

Bev and Newman always have great advice and can be trusted...
    PS, what is "loading mode of an app"??
  7.    #7  
    Loading...time delay after pushing send in the SMS app and I have also seen the even when I close the phone after Launching a program that takes a while