1.    #1  
    Is it impossible that CDMA could ever allow the use of phone and internet at the same time? Is it just an inherent property of that technology? Just curious.
    Not sure if it is eternally impossible, but it is certainly currently impossible to use CDMA + Internet data.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    You can with wi-fi, but otherwise no and I doubt it will ever happen since 4g is already being deploted.
    CDMA is perfectly capable of handling voice and data at the same time. However, Sprint and Verizon probably do not want to bother upgrading to SVDO considering they are working on their 4G networks.

So, don't get your hopes up
  5.    #5  
    It hasn't been an inconvenience for me. I was just wondering if it was even technologically possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Is it impossible that CDMA could ever allow the use of phone and internet at the same time? Is it just an inherent property of that technology? Just curious.
    Absolutely possible but requires Sprint and Verizon to make it work. With wifi so abundant and 4G around the corner I don't see either of them changing anything for 3G and older technologies.

4G will be able to do it but not because Sprint and Vzw are making it that way...they just got lucky-stupid because 4G requires an additional radio and they both are able to work independently of one another.
    As MilenkoD said, keep in mind that you can do this on any Pre if it is connected to wifi.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer