Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    (1) loving smart phones again. (2) keep me more organize. (3) have something to keep me occupied. (4) I finally have a phone that I can compete with other smart phone. (5) Always want to add something new to my phone. (6) Put a big smile on my face. (7) A chance to look forward to future smart phones from palm. (8) True multitasking is what I always wanted on a phone,and my pre does it quite well. (9) Showing off my patches,themes, and more. (10) Just loving my palm pre. How have your palm pre/plus change your lives?
    I think you pegged it very well I love mine for the same reasons good list
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    What laptop?
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Went on vacation a couple weeks ago, left the laptop at home. The Pre + is so much easier to take through airport security
    Reinforce my addiction to precentral.net !!!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I totally agree with OP. I find that I no longer get on a computer to look at stuff. I can do it all from my Pre. The multitasking is a major plus too!
    I agree with all 10 I use my pre for everything I am just learning to use it to get organized this is the first smartphone I have owend
    Yep, when I travel now, my laptop sits on the desk next to my ipod.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    That about sums it up for me too! Another one.. actually enjoying talking on a cell phone again and look good doing it.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Biggest change is that I regularly check all my 6 email accounts. I rarely use my computer to check my personal emails now.

The second biggest change is I start using other personal calendars. Before, I tried to used it, but always hate I had to login into a web account to check it or wait until I get home to look it up. Now, I don't worry about it.

The third is partial for Pre and partial for DrPodder. I listen to podcasts more often. I am never good at remembering to download a podcast first on a player. Over the air download is great. And the easy setup of DrPodder is great.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I love it in the break room at work when EVERYONE gets out their Iphone's and compare crappy aps they'll use twice........... then I do abit of multitasking and make a point of showing them something as I flip though the cards and see a down-beat look in their eyes..........then the change the subject...........
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    I love it in the break room at work when EVERYONE gets out their Iphone's and compare crappy aps they'll use twice........... then I do abit of multitasking and make a point of showing them something as I flip though the cards and see a down-beat look in their eyes..........then the change the subject...........
    lol...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    No doubt the Palm Pre saved my backside in my senior year of college. I scheduled everything on that calender app within an inch (well half hour) of the deadline and I rocked it out. Used it as a file storage device to usher my projects between computers at school and of course It made for a great slacking off device during my down time between classes. Watching Full Episodes of Psych on Sprint TV made that 4 hour break between classes bearable
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt44 View Post
    Haha...

That reminds me of my last job. During lunch, two guys always played Scrabble on their iphones. I always thought they were playing each other, but it turns out they weren't. They were playing against someone else online. The funny thing is this... One guy was playing Scrabble while the other guy was using a dictionary app to find good words for him to use! Multitasking just isn't useful when you need two people and two iphones...
    Rush, You forgot one. 11- My Pre makes my girlfriend jealous.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    my number one reason is it feels like I have a phone again. I have a nokia for my work phone and I used to always use that phone to make phone calls because I had an iphone, and while great in other areas it totally sucked as a phone. But the pre is a great phone as well, so now i'm actually calling people again from my personal line.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    In no particular order:

1) Discovered my inner geek/techiness
    2) Discovered (and became addicted to) P|C and our community
    3) Got to be an Alpha Tester
    4) Discovered the joys of apps, patches, and homebrew
    5) Have become the go-to smartphone answer-person for my friends and family
    6) Realized that yes, I really do need all those features that I only find on a smartphone - and that webOS delivers them the best for my needs
    7) Playing with my phone is addicting and has taken over my life
    8) I hardly ever take my laptop with me anymore
    9) The Cloud is my friend
    10) Became a Forum Moderator
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    The best thing is, like any cell phone, it is always in my pocket. Combine that with everything it does, and it is a game changer.

I was in LA this week and used the camera on several occasions. And uploaded some of them to Facebook during some downtime.

Speaking of downtime, the Pre has pretty much eliminated it. I get bored easily, but there is always something I can do with my Pre, whether it involves communicating with others, reading the news, or playing a game.

This week, a coworker wanted to find a Cuban restaurant and we were 2,000 miles from home. Guess what? I not only found it, but used Sprint nav to get us there. Another time, we got lost, but not really. I pulled out my Pre and got us back on track. We were not even late. The key is, being prepared. I already had our destination saved in Sprint nav, so when my coworker who was driving got lost, I literally had us back on track in a matter of seconds! He was impressed.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    1-7. Made me a Phone person
    8. Helped me get more for my money phone wise.
    9. Turned up the gas on my geekism
    10. Led me to Precentral
    1. Constantly playing with my phone.
    2. Always have something to read or do.
    3. Always afraid of running out of battery. Have to carry an extra.
    4. Had to learn how to patch a phone. Never did before. Good for me to learn how; bad that I had to.
    5. Now am always reading phone forums. Never did before.
    6. Never have to worry about internet connection with Mobile Hot Spot.
    7. Eliminated iPhone envy. Now I pity them and their smug confidence in the superiority of their phone just makes me laugh.
    8. Started listening to internet radio and internet music services all the time and never have to use a real radio, with its static and commercials.
    9. Jog with my phone. Keep track of mileage and listen to aforesaid internet radio stations or music services. Receive calls if they come in. Able to ditch the mp3 player.
    10. Watch movies when on the go. Never did that on a phone before.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast