1.    #1  
    I'm running the 800mhz patch now and it works fine and I'm pretty happy with it. It does get pretty warm on the TS but other than that it works fine.

Anyway, is it worth it to uninstall the 800 and go with the UK?

Thanks.
    if you like lots of options,,ability to customize yr overclocking to yr exact likeing,,then yes,its very worth it.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    with UK i have mine set at 500mhz when the screen is off, which also includes putting it on the touchstone. so it could help out with the temp alittle bit.
    As Rod has stated in the Uber Kernel thread, if you are happy with your current Overclocking solution, there is no need to change.

If you think the UK has something more to offer, on the other hand, go for it. ha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by t-minus View Post
    I'm running the 800mhz patch now and it works fine and I'm pretty happy with it. It does get pretty warm on the TS but other than that it works fine.

Anyway, is it worth it to uninstall the 800 and go with the UK?

Thanks.
    Well if you want to continue to run a Kernel built on WebOS 1.4.0 code with a modified Lunasysmgr file and risk it after a 1.4.5 update with no one actively updating or supporting SPK then more power to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    As Rod has stated in the Uber Kernel thread, if you are happy with your current Overclocking solution, there is no need to change.

If you think the UK has something more to offer, on the other hand, go for it. ha
    If I remember correctly that was back when we didn't know there were differences in the 1.4.0 vs. the 1.4.1.1 code.

Later when Palm released the code the differences were known. Some Pre Plus users even had to remove SPK because it didn't have the double type fix in it like the new 1.4.1.1 code.

Not only that but there was a lot going on at the time and IMHO Rod was simply being diplomatic to avoid further drama (and there was a lot of it).

So, keep it at your own risk.
    I found that the move to uberkernel cleared up some keyboard issues I was having... I would definitely suggest you move before the next update for webOS, because every new release probably creates more differences between what Palm is using and what you are using...
    I just did it last night and am very happy with the switch, I used to get a temp warning every 5 minutes on my touchstone. Now only when its on for a long time
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    If I remember correctly that was back when we didn't know there were differences in the 1.4.0 vs. the 1.4.1.1 code.

Later when Palm released the code the differences were known. Some Pre Plus users even had to remove SPK because it didn't have the double type fix in it like the new 1.4.1.1 code.

Not only that but there was a lot going on at the time and IMHO Rod was simply being diplomatic to avoid further drama (and there was a lot of it).

So, keep it at your own risk.
    Well, I don't monkey with my phone much. I patched it when I got it and just enjoy using it

Is there anything I need to do other than removing the 800 patch and installing UK? Do I need to remove the SPK package as well?
    Well, I don't monkey with my phone much. I patched it when I got it and just enjoy using it

Is there anything I need to do other than removing the 800 patch and installing UK? Do I need to remove the SPK package as well?
    Well, yes... you need to verify that you have the proper LunaSysMgr file on your phone. That was a topic of discussion over in the Uberkernel thread on the last couple of pages today. Go find the instructions to check there.

Yes, also remove the SPK package and it's service.

If it all seems too technical.... Visit the Dr. and patch fresh. No biggie.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Well, yes... you need to verify that you have the proper LunaSysMgr file on your phone. That was a topic of discussion over in the Uberkernel thread on the last couple of pages today. Go find the instructions to check there.

Yes, also remove the SPK package and it's service.

If it all seems too technical.... Visit the Dr. and patch fresh. No biggie.
    Thanks! I'll read up on it. I just don't want an automatic update to screw up my phone and MAKE me have to fool with it. I'd rather deal with it now and just let the update flow...
    Thanks! I'll read up on it. I just don't want an automatic update to screw up my phone and MAKE me have to fool with it. I'd rather deal with it now and just let the update flow...
    There are lots of good threads on Doctoring your phone back to default. Take your time, use the search, read what you can and if you still need assistance just PM me. I will help.

BTW... right now we believe Uberkernel to be OTA safe.
    I've been running UK for a week now; installed OTA via preware, and no issues at all. I usually clock it back down with Govnah when I know it'll kill my battery, but no issues at all. This is a new phone from Verizon (only a week old), so you might wanna Dr. your phone first, just to be safe
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I like Uber because from my understanding its very stable, safe for firmware upgrades, and allows for much more customizing of the Freq...
    Like I run Screenstate 720 (sometimes 800) on / 250 off... so in my mind... when the screen is off... its actually helping the processor work less for the times I have it running quicker...
    If I'm not mistaken the one u are using it runs @800 all the time?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I used UberKernel for a while and liked the speed but it wasn't enough for me. The big drawback I had was getting the TMC errors much more frequently with fewer apps open. I'm not sure why this is, but with the stock kernel I can easily have 10 cards open. 3-4 is pushing it with UberKernel on my sprint pre.