1.    #1  
    I recently got my AT&T Palm Pre Plus. I first meta-doctored it to activate it, then I unlocked it for use on T-Mobile. Knock on wood, but I've got around 2300 apps in the App Catalog, so those of you wanting to use meta-doctor to activate your phone, you should be able to get all the apps.

Overall, I'm loving the multitasking but the keyboard is definitely going to take some getting used to. EDGE isn't too terrible.. the browser is still faster than my BlackBerry one on 3G anyway

But I've got a couple of sour experiences with the phone so far and hope there are fixes for these.

1) Google Maps- Works perfectly fine on WiFi, but when on the cellular network, it doesn't respond ("Google Maps needs an internet connection to work"). The current fix for this screen is to go into the browser, sign out of Gmail, clear the browser cache and then sign back in to Gmail. THEN Google Maps works ONE time before it stops working again. PLEASE tell me there is an easier way to get Google Maps working. I just can't go through that process every time I need to use Google Maps.

2) Is there a patch to turn off the screen when on the Touchstone? I have to return my Touchstone because it doesn't charge my phone, but on the lucky occasion that it does, the screen doesn't turn completely off or dim enough.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    can't answer your question about google maps as mine is working fine on ATT.

Plenty of threads about touchstone and screen. Use either Mode Switcher (which I couldn't get working) or Brightness Unlinked (which works for me)
    For the touchstone problem, you can also get Quick System Tasks which has a setting that turns the screen off. I think it's in Preware.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    For the touchstone problem, you can also get Quick System Tasks which has a setting that turns the screen off. I think it's in Preware.
    I actually have had this app, but maybe my Touchstone is so defective that it even disables QST settings. Getting my touchstone replaced tomorrow to see how it goes.
    i'm having this same problem. everything works fine over wifi, then when on edge data, google maps, and most of the 3rd party apps like yelp and where? do not work, it seems like those apps are either having a hard time on edge data or are unable to utilize the phones location services over the edge data.

I have a gsm droid and these works fine with those apps on edge. any comments?