1.    #1  
    So I have noticed a lot of posters talk about mediasync. I simply don't have the option when I sync up my ATT Pre phone. I tried going in and enabling and it isnt there. I looked under help and when I try to enable it there it says that "it failed to load the page".

Does this account for it not syncing with itunes either?
    Help!
    iTunes does not work with webOS devices after version 9.0.2 (I believe). I'm mobile right now, but perhaps someone can help you troubleshoot your accessing the Media option. Of course you really dont need to activate MediaSync option if you simply use another (better) option for syncing your media like: doubletwist, mediamonkey, or songbird)
    The media option is hidden by default

1. Go to device info
    2. Select drop down menu
    3. Click enable Media sync
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Palm's help system appears to be broken. Several threads about that have popped up today.

That said... the place to set those variables is the sounds app. You have to turn on the choice for media sync... it defaults to off because it's a useless feature since they stopped trying to outfox Apple...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    iTunes does not work with webOS devices after version 9.0.2 (I believe). I'm mobile right now, but perhaps someone can help you troubleshoot your accessing the Media option. Of course you really dont need to activate MediaSync option if you simply use another (better) option for syncing your media like: doubletwist, mediamonkey, or songbird)
    Do any of those alternatives allow the Pre to be automatically discovered and synced with itunes?
    No... As I said, the only way you can use iTunes is to use a version 9.0.2 or earlier.
    Those othe apps I listed look and work much like iTunes, but are compatible with webOS and even offer more features. They are all free... Take one for a spin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Palm's help system appears to be broken. Several threads about that have popped up today.

That said... the place to set those variables is the sounds app. You have to turn on the choice for media sync... it defaults to off because it's a useless feature since they stopped trying to outfox Apple...
    I'll try to keep an eye on this, but I have just tried to pull up quite a few pages in help and have been unable to generate any errors or even have any problems pulling up the page.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'll try to keep an eye on this, but I have just tried to pull up quite a few pages in help and have been unable to generate any errors or even have any problems pulling up the page.
    Thanks. If you browse around you will see that several have reported it, including me. My guess is it's homebrew related because I saw this once before. I don't recall what solved it, because I was only clicking help to see what was there. I'm sure that I doctored or removed a patch, but wasn't paying attention. The only thing I have going on browser wise now is the iphone spoof and the addition of the short-cut keys. I'll remove them later tonight and let you know if it improves anything... If you are able to access them from your phone and from your PC, that tells me it is either in my phone, the VZ network (i.e. a BGP problem) or something in how the Palm servers are seeing my client. I'd say it's probably 1 or 2, and highly unlikely to be #3.

Stay tuned...
    Quote Originally Posted by count cellular View Post
    Do any of those alternatives allow the Pre to be automatically discovered and synced with itunes?
    FYI, if you decide to try using an old version of iTunes, you have to have the correspondingly old version of quicktime. I wasn't ever able to make it work, and with Pandora and drPodder, I just didn't care enough to really drill in to it...

I even saw someone post that you had to be in iTunes 8.x to make it work. I'm sure that wasn't accurate, but it reminded me why it wasn't worth the trouble to play apple's game. I hope that Palm understands this and addresses it. Not only do they need to deliver a credible music sync for those that need it, but they need to see that Google could do the same things at any moment if webOS becomes a threat to Android... so Palm needs to stop building things that require a competitor to cooperate... Same reason (one of them) that Apple doesn't want the world controlled by flash....

Palm/HP: Are you listening? Did you really need me to point this out???
    yep, I just uninstalled the iPhone spoof from WOSQI and the help stuff works.,

@Hbz: Is there something in the Palm policy manual that says iPhones aren't allowed to look at webOS help files? I'm curious what about the iPhone spoof would cause the pages to be unavailable. Is that something on the server side? Now that we know it's the iPhone spook causing the errors, we have to ask why that would matter.

Also, do you have the main URL that the Pre is accessing? I'd like to try it from my desktop with various browsers (specifically Safari...)

Does anyone have an iPhone or iPod touch they can use to access the Pre help pages?

That would be completely wacky if iPods/iPhones couldn't see the files... things that make ya go "hmmmmm"
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    The iphone patch also messes up a lot of other things like the Engadget application etc. I don't know the specifics. If you read the thread about the patch they warn you about it.

What is the point of tricking websites into thinking you are using an iphone?
    The point is that many companies redirect to a site totally optimized for iPhone, but it may not send other phones there. Or, it recognizes the most popular phones (BlackBerry, iPhone, Droid) but haven't take the time to recognize and redirect lesser known browsers. That's the biggest benefit...
    Guys lets keep this on-topic for the OP please.... Thanks!