1.    #1  
    I`ve been waiting a month and a half for my replacement Palm from Bell Canada. They told me that the device will be replaced but that was over a month ago and whenever I call them they basically say don't call us, we'll call you..

I`m just wondering if this is an isolated issue with Bell Canada or if others have experienced the same sort of delay?

Thanks in advance.
    Funny, I just got back from a Bell store to order a warranty replacement for my Pre (power button). The sales rep told me that Bell recently switched repair centre companies and that the new company is much slower than the previous one. He told me it used to take 1 to 2 weeks, now he said to expect 3 to 4. Ridiculous.
    maybe his is stuck with the previous company?
    I had a nightmare with bell similar to this.. then after such a long wait and many calls/emails threatening to pull my contract and settle it with the BBB, they sent me a repair.

and I'm on a corporate account.

basically don't take their bullshizz, even if they say don't call them, keep calling. at this point, they should be just as frustrated over it as you, and want to speed it up out of their own best interest.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I had to wait a month and a half for my replacement. Once it did come, it was a brand new one. So be patient, but pester the store every once and a while. Good luck.
    Yes it is absolutely ridiculous. I'm very jealous of our southerly neighbours who can just walk into a store and get a replacement.

Why does it take 3-4 weeks to get a new phone? Repairing... justifiable with backorders and labour. But a new one? Can't the bell store do that on the spot?

Come on now.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Even though this didn't happen with my Pre, with my Treo Pro -- I was able to get a new one in 24 hours. I'm with Bell... This is just ********.
    Did you buy the extra-warranty from Bell?
  8.    #8  
    No, no extra warantee.. This is a corporate account though and I have about 30 Pre's for various staff... I`m getting worried now, the VP will not appreciate waiting a month and a half for a replacement device. I think I`m going to buy two or three more as backups.

Thanks for the replies guys, I`m glad to know I`m not alone on this one!!!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Good to know - that is brutal, and I feel for you. I will definitely exhaust all options before I send in for a replacement unit (I feel like I have already done this a few times, hopefully my pre remains 'stable')
    I'm past 2 weeks waiting for my replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Yes it is absolutely ridiculous. I'm very jealous of our southerly neighbours who can just walk into a store and get a replacement.

Why does it take 3-4 weeks to get a new phone? Repairing... justifiable with backorders and labour. But a new one? Can't the bell store do that on the spot?

Come on now.
    My Bell corporate store told me that their stock is depleted and they have to order Pre's in for customers now. They wanted to keep some on site for swap outs and weren't allowed.

$5 the Pre Plus is coming.
    Picked up my replacement today. Apparently my phone was exchanged because of the oreo instead of going in for a repair. The funny part is, the refurb has just as much oreo as my last phone. Ah well, as long as the rest of it works....
    The speaker on the refurb doesn't work. Earliest I can get back to Bell is next Thursday, then it'll likely be another 3-4 weeks for another replacement unless they send this one for repairs. It's my fault for not thoroughly checking the phone before I left the store but you'd think that a faulty speaker would scream out to the techy that did the refurb when the phone went through a final check?!
  14. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I've had 3 replacements, all came in under a week. Don't know how I got so lucky.