1.    #1  
    You can change the number You phone dials when hitting the VM button on the Dialer.

Call sprint and get them to provide you the MSL Code need to Master Reset your Phone.

* Enter Your MSL Code in the Dialer. (Ex. ##******#)
    * Wait and it will verify the code and pop up a Service Programming Screen.
    * Not and Write Down what is the first ans second field.
    * The Mobile Directory Number = MDN
    * Mobile Station ID Number = MSID **** MUST NOTE THIS ***
    * Select Edit at the bottom Right.
    * In the TOP Field (Mobile Directory Number), Type the VM Number
    you want the Phone to Dial !!!
    * In the Buttom Field (Mobile Station ID Number), Put in the number that
    was there before. *** The Number you copied down that was in this
    field prior to hitting the edit button.
    * Hit SAVE - Let Phone come back online.
    * Now When hitting the VM button it will dial the number you put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by jessejames1of3 View Post
    You can change the number You phone dials when hitting the VM button on the Dialer.

Call sprint and get them to provide you the MSL Code need to Master Reset your Phone.

* Enter Your MSL Code in the Dialer. (Ex. ##******#)
    * Wait and it will verify the code and pop up a Service Programming Screen.
    * Not and Write Down what is the first ans second field.
    * The Mobile Directory Number = MDN
    * Mobile Station ID Number = MSID **** MUST NOTE THIS ***
    * Select Edit at the bottom Right.
    * In the TOP Field (Mobile Directory Number), Type the VM Number
    you want the Phone to Dial !!!
    * In the Buttom Field (Mobile Station ID Number), Put in the number that
    was there before. *** The Number you copied down that was in this
    field prior to hitting the edit button.
    * Hit SAVE - Let Phone come back online.
    * Now When hitting the VM button it will dial the number you put in.
    Why not just program the number you want dialed as a speed dial?

One button is as good as another isn't it?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Why not just program the number you want dialed as a speed dial?

You forget that you can get a prompt (I forget the scenarios off-hand) to press a button to dial VM and that dials the provider-programmed VM number. thorne
    For me, yeah probably. For my wife, this might be useful. OTOH if the new VM number has no way of badging the button w/the number of waiting VMs then it's not going to help that much.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    lots of requests for this. My understanding is that this is something Palm would have to add to a future release... I am a Youmail.com user, and the YouView app is what I normally use to access VM. I also have it set up to send me a text when a message is left, and I can click on that to have it dial automatically.

I really like Youmail.com !!!

I agree that it's annoying to have that giant button sitting there that I can't use for anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    You forget that you can get a prompt (I forget the scenarios off-hand) to press a button to dial VM and that dials the provider-programmed VM number. thorne
    I guess I don't follow what you are saying here. Let me restate what I meant with my post.

I don't think it is either necessary or helpful to reprogram the VM button to dial some other VM number.

Would it automatically switch/re-direct to it when someone calls you and you don't answer? Would it notify you that you have VM's waiting?

I mean just because you can do something, doesn't necessarily make it more productive or beneficial to do it.
    hater
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I guess I don't follow what you are saying here. Let me restate what I meant with my post.

I don't think it is either necessary or helpful to reprogram the VM button to dial some other VM number.

Would it automatically switch/re-direct to it when someone calls you and you don't answer? Would it notify you that you have VM's waiting?

I mean just because you can do something, doesn't necessarily make it more productive or beneficial to do it.
    For example, if I get a VM such that the Pre prompts me to dial VM, if I request to dial VM, it dials the provider-programmed VM number which does not include my passcode. The point of reprogramming the VM number is so I don't have to enter manually my VM passcode. thorne
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    For example, if I get a VM such that the Pre prompts me to dial VM, if I request to dial VM, it dials the provider-programmed VM number which does not include my passcode. The point of reprogramming the VM number is so I don't have to enter manually my VM passcode. thorne

Ah, I see. I use the Sprint provided VM and I don't have to dial a passcode.

if you use google VM or youview VM then the number you dial to retrieve voicemails is different
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    i did this on a verizon phone yesterday -- worked great for dialing my VM # but it also shut off my data. It would not connect no matter what i did and i ended up having to swich it back -- has anyone with a verizon phone had any luck?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  12.    #12  
    Maybe so, However the convenience of having the VM button right there on the dialer is a plus for most people.

While you can get a prompt (I forget the scenarios off-hand) to press a button to dial VM and that dials the provider-programmed VM number. If you program the number you wish for it to dial it works great.

Which ever VM carrier you are using can detect that you are calling from your cell. If you set that VM carrier to not require a passcode when dialing from your phone it goes right into VM Messages. It works. I have had no problems.

Now if someone sends you a VM through the sprint VM system as oppose to not getting an answer and then getting VM then it will go to the sprint VM system, Due to the fact that there going through the sprint system internally and not calling so that it forwards to the proper system.

Obviously this isn't something that palm has to give the ability to do for I have already verified this working.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    This is awesome as I am also a YouMail user!!! screw the sprint VM imoho.... also with youmail you can set it up to not use a pincode if your calling from your cell.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I simply programmed a speed dial (5) to dial my voicemail and passcode. Easy and works great. Did it for my boss's Pre, too.
    Nicky
    As a happy Google Voice user, I thought this would be a helpful thread, so I've been monitoring it for the solution ... and then discovered this is already possible on my new AT&T Palm Pre Plus (recently switched from Sprint).

This phone is running WebOS 1.4.2

Open the Phone App, and open the preferences window. Right there on the preference screen is a data box for changing the "Voicemail Number" ... I was even able to include the "pp" between the number and my GV pin. Very Happy with that!

For those with WebOS 1.4.1.1, here is another older thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...l-youmail.html
    Can't we just change the VM no. for our NW Provider in CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 to do this?
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
    I also have YouMail for my voice mail and the YouView app for Visual Voicemail. Every once in a great while when I have a limited data connection the VM will not be in YouView app right away. I know I have VM because i received a text telling me so. So in the past I would have to go to my contacts, look up the YouMail number dial in and get my new VM (that scenario is so infrequent that a speed-dial number just does't make sense.). With this great find, when that happens, all I do is hit the VM icon, thanx jesse.
    Last edited by mbsprinter; 06/05/2010 at 08:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i did this on a verizon phone yesterday -- worked great for dialing my VM # but it also shut off my data. It would not connect no matter what i did and i ended up having to swich it back -- has anyone with a verizon phone had any luck?
    Nope - I tried changing the MDN last night. Worked great while I was on WiFi but killed the Verizon data connection.