Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Something is up with my battery today. It's currently plugged in because the battery seemed to have dropped from 65% at 11am to 3% at 12:30pm. I haven't used the phone and it also hasn't been plugged in. There's nothing running (wifi, gps, streaming music, etc) on it.

What's more alarming, it's been plugged in for 15min now and it has dropped to 2% and is not charging, yet the battery icon has got that little lightning bolt on it.

I got the Pre brand new in early July '09.

Any suggestions? Time for a new battery not even 1 year in?

I've shut down and rebooted a few times. Took the battery out for a few mins as well.

Thanks.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    1. Restart device - it could be that the device is not reading the actual battery percentage correctly

2. Try a different charing source - Touchstone, wall outlet directly into device, computer etc
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Are you by any chance runninig jstop?

I installed that on my Pre and the battery would not hold a charge. Neither would it charge 100%. It even started discharging while on the charger. I removed the application and it started working properly again.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    no, not running jstop.... it sorta solved the problem it's self (i think) i fully charged it and left it off for a couple of hours, started it up and reset it again....

it's holding a charge and not draining like crazy anymore....

thanks though, good to know about that jstop if i ever come across it.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)