Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Thanks!! already printed it up and will take it to Ohio ....Going in the AM for

a Funeral...Husband's aunt..
    TTYS!! Joyce
    If you use your phone all the time, then what is your primary reason for syncing to your PC instead of gmail or your Palm profile? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHSW1 View Post
    Thanks!! already printed it up and will take it to Ohio ....Going in the AM for

a Funeral...Husband's aunt..
    TTYS!! Joyce
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. Drive carefully. I'm sure you will use your Pre for the entire trip. Be sure you download the PreCentral app from the app catalog. It formats this site to be a little bit simpler on that small screen.
    While you are driving, swing by a radio shack and get a Palm-branded car charger. That will work with your Touchstone and make the perfect car kit to keep your Pre secure in the car... Right now Radio Shack is closing them out for less than 10 dollars, so you can get one for each car.
  5.    #45  
    Hi..its me again...On thing I think is going to be a problem...
    OH BYW...LOVE the phone... When I got it on Sat...The store
    tranfered my contacts...all 957 0f them....
    what happens when I get the CompanionLink???
    Will it dupilcate the contacts?? is there a way of only having
    the address book transfere??
    Is there anyway of increasing the fonts on the calender???
    OH..what about my pictures from the Centro??? do they transfere???
    Thanks for all your help...I mean it!! Joyce
    P.S. did you get a good AC???
  6.    #46  
    P.P.S. LOVEDthe Navigator on the pre BUT it took us
    10 miles off the route we were on for the lowest
    gas in PA!!!!
    HI. not sure what will happen now that your contacts were transferred by the store. In doing that they put them in your Palm profile. You will need to try it and see if CompanionLink sees them. The thread I wrote for you on this assumed that you skipped that step and synced them directly from Palm Desktop to the Pre... so you could continue to sync your Pre and your old phone to the Palm Desktop app... Did you read that?

At this point, you are in territory I haven't been in. Depending on what else you've done on your Pre, you may end up doing a full erase and starting over. The challenge is going to be figuring out what to do with all the contacts that are now in your profile...

Here is a starting place for reading up on sync with your Palm profile. You may also need to contact CL support...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-pre-pixi.html

Another option is to erase your phone and give it a different email address to create a new Palm profile. The other one won't go anywhere, but you can only use one at a time.
    Here is what I wrote for you specifically so you wouldn't put them in your Palm profile...
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-their-pc.html
    Ps. I got a super-quiet portable A/C for my office. So quiet I can hardly tell it's on. The last one sounded like a blast furnace. Sorry this response was slow. I didn't realize you had posted. You can always PM me.

Probably better to post questions in the thread I wrote for you (link in the previous post)...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 06/04/2010 at 10:29 PM.
    I know I am crazy for hating the Palm Pre Plus, but it seemed that for email, texting , phone calls and contact management... 680 and desktop v.4.2 was wonderful. How can I find the same sync tool for palm pre? And isn't there a way to "ignore" a phone call, other than turning it off?
    Why can't I see the dates on the text messages? Where can I more FREE ring tones without being spammed? There are so VERY FEW ring tones offered with the Pre. And how do you manage to dial on screen, when my fingers keep pressing the wrong keys? Is there a way to have the dial screen always come up as the FIRST screen, when it is turned on.

Sorry for the long post, but I am really frustrated. Thanks, in advance, for your help and patience.
    Much of what you are asking for is done with Patches. DO you have Preware installed?

Ringtones: I get mine from crackberry.com

If you want to sync with desktop 4.2, you need CompanionLink. It costs, but it's worth it...
    if you press the power button one time it will stop ringing but not cut off the call. If you press it again it should go to voicemail...

There is a patch to keep the dialer app open all the time.

There is a patch for haptic feedback on the dialer so you can tell when you have hit the button...

There is a patch do put time stamps in txt messages.
    I saw you Guide for those migrating to webOS that still want to "hot sync" to their PC .
    Will this work for me?
    Do I need to upgrade from Palm desktop 4.2 to vs 6.? If I do that will that make it easier and will all my info remain? I really don't want to spend the $ for companion link if I can help it? Will upgrading to Desktop 6. avoid my having to use Companion link?
    What are patches? Where do I get them?

You are very helpful... thanks again.
    - companionlink works with 4.2
    - you ave to buy companionlink after the trial period
    - no patches are required to use companionlink
    - once you have it working, you should play with preware and patches because it is fun
    Hi..its me again...On thing I think is going to be a problem...
    OH BYW...LOVE the phone... When I got it on Sat...The store
    tranfered my contacts...all 957 0f them....
    what happens when I get the CompanionLink???
    Will it dupilcate the contacts?? is there a way of only having
    the address book transfere??
    Is there anyway of increasing the fonts on the calender???
    OH..what about my pictures from the Centro??? do they transfere???
    Thanks for all your help...I mean it!! Joyce
    P.S. did you get a good AC???
    Go to the CompanionLink Website and contact their Tech support. They are great. Very responsive. I had questions about the program before I ever got my phone, and they were very helpful. You got questions? Ask them! BTW, I've had no problems with the program at all. Works like a charm. Good luck!
  15.    #55  
    Hi Daisys Mom....
    Thanks..I will try that...Cant has been very helpful!!

I love the Pre just haven't transferred my Date book

from my Centro over yet! The AT&T store transferred

all 957 of my contacts in before I left town. Just have to

find a way to just transfere everything but my contacts.

What about Pictures from my Centro and Video????

Taks care...Joyce
  16.    #56  
    P.S. How do you make copies of the Palm Desktop????
    P.S. How do you make copies of the Palm Desktop????
    On your PC is a folder called "Palm" and everything is there, including your pictures. If you follow the post above that I wrote for you, it describes that for you...

Its best that you post your questions there, too...
  18.    #58  
    Hi...OK will do...and try to find the Palm directory

Joyce
    Joyce, you need to transfer media from the Centro to your PC? I struggled with that one, too, till I remembered (was reminded!) that I have an expansion card in the Centro. I just went in to the Centro, made sure all my pictures were on the card, then put the card in my PC and did a drag and drop (or a copy and paste, I can't remember).
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Joyce, you need to transfer media from the Centro to your PC? I struggled with that one, too, till I remembered (was reminded!) that I have an expansion card in the Centro. I just went in to the Centro, made sure all my pictures were on the card, then put the card in my PC and did a drag and drop (or a copy and paste, I can't remember).

All of that stuff *should* be backed up to the PC when you hotsync. Find the Palm directory on your PC, and drill down to where there are pictures. They should be synced whether they are on the memory card or in the phone memory.

Be sure to verify, but I believe that to be the case...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123