Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Is there a way to copy text in an email or on a webpage? I wanted to copy a tracking number in my email to paste it into a webpage. Whenever i tried to copy the text, nothing happened. Is there some kind of key combo i need to do to enable copying?
    Are you pressing the 'up' arrow while clicking the text?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Ahh.. that's the trick? I'll try that. Thanks!

Just a note, i received my pre via exchange for my dead Touch Pro. I got a refurb and i didn't get a manual. I've learned what i've learned by just trying stuff. Thanks again!
    You got to hold the up arrow (next to the @) and click the text. It should turn yellow. Than you have to hold the gesture and press c (to copy) than where you want to paste it you got to hold the gesture and press v to paste.

you got to play around with it

or in the top left of the web (or any app) there drop down there is an edit tab, which you can select all and copy and paste from there
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Go to the help icon on your launcher and check out the clips on copy and paste text. Very helpful if you can't quite figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by polaraman View Post
    Ahh.. that's the trick? I'll try that. Thanks!

Just a note, i received my pre via exchange for my dead Touch Pro. I got a refurb and i didn't get a manual. I've learned what i've learned by just trying stuff. Thanks again!
    There is no in-depth "physical" manual.
    There is, however, an in-depth PDF that should be able to be found either here (PreCentral), Sprint's site or Palm's site.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I've learned how to paste in other places in WebOS... i just couldn't do it in web or email. Now i know i can! Thanks everyone!
    Thanks everyone!
    I've learned how to paste in other places in WebOS... i just couldn't do it in web or email. Now i know i can! Thanks everyone!
    No problem I remember the good old days when there wasn't no copy & paste on the Pre.
    http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf...alm_pre_ug.pdf

One caveat though: I don't think that it has been updated since the Pre came out, so some of the new functions that came with OS updates will not be in there.
    Thanks, Bev.
    I knew that PDF was out there somewhere, i just didn't have any time to look for it when i mentioned it.
    you guys just made my day, I didn't realize this had been updated!! Thank you!!!