1.    #1  
    hey all, so i think i am going to try to return my pre next week for a new one but have a question.. Ive got a launch day pre and the slider has been getting pretty bad and i now have a lot of play when the phone is closed.. the battery door now also appears to have a slight crack below it as well ( I have no idea how it got there). Anyway, will they still exchange it at the sprint store despite owning it for a year if i show them the slider and what not?? has anyone recently tried to return an oreo pre?? thanks in advance

ps: ive got insurance but really dont want to pay a $100 deductible
    Last edited by ryudo423; 05/26/2010 at 10:58 PM.
    You should still be under the 1 year warranty. If it is, there is no reason you should have to go through insurance. Take it in to the Sprint store and show them the problem. They should help you out right away if under warranty. If they tell you to to through insurance, you can contact Palm and see if they will create a ticket on their end for warranty. If Palm tells you that it is under warranty, then the store can't tell you to go through Insurance. Worked for me... I was instantly told to go through insurance when I took mine in. I contacted Palm, they verified it my issue should be covered under warranty. I contacted the local store manager and told him my case and want Palm told me and he had me come in for a replacement. Worth a try...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/27/2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: clarification
    I've never had a single problem with returning my Pre for a new (actually a refurb) one, with or without TEP. Just go in and show them the problem. From my experience, the people at Sprint are fully aware of the hardware problems that could pop up.

I've gotten 2 replacements now, both suffering from the stuck power button issue. I even got a brand new battery the other day when I casually complained about decreasing life after a full charge.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.
    i just got a refurb replacement about a month ago and the slider seems pretty loose the past few days-- is there a time limit on returning a refurb? my original pre was from launch day.

thanks!
    I called sprint on two occasions. One was the battery. They simply credited my account for price of new battery. Second was I had the crack around USB charger and stuck power button. I E-Cared that one and they said that if the store would not replace it, they would credit the 100 on my accout to get replacement. I have love sprint coustomer service.
    (At eddieras and Ryudo423) It all depends on your area. Personally, I have replaced my Pre numorous times with easy success and satisfaction while others have noted that they will claim that they only replace "functional defects, not cosmetic."

If they say the latter, then you will have to pay the $100 deductible.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    (At eddieras and Ryudo423) It all depends on your area. Personally, I have replaced my Pre numorous times with easy success and satisfaction while others have noted that they will claim that they only replace "functional defects, not cosmetic."

If they say the latter, then you will have to pay the $100 deductible.
    thanks- is the loose slider anything to worry about you think?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    While on the subject of refurbs, the one I have currently I received around January.
    What I'm wondering is if this one has returnable issues will I get a free refurb or since I originally got a Pre June 6, 2009 am I technically over my year coverage?
    So at which point does Sprint start and end the one year of defect coverage? Original purchase date, or from my last refurb?