Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys... today my Pre went to "Phone Offline" mode... ok I restarted the phone but that didnt work. OK I tried Airplane on/off... that didnt work.. ok I tried to do a restore... that didnt work... so now I'm stuck on the restore screen with the phone still on Offline mode... so I did.. WebOS Doc... and OMG that didnt work... guys I have no idea what to do from here... I need some serious help!! Thanks!
    Wow. If webos dr didn't help, I think your next trip is to your carrier for a replacement. But, did you try pulling the battery for a few minutes? I know it seems silly, but some problems can be fixed by pulling the battery.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    So you've done a full restore to factory defaults on your phone and it still doesn't work right?
    Sounds like it may be time to visit the Verizon/Sprint store for a replacement?

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
  4.    #4  
    Well I did a APP&Data restore... thought that would work... so now Im stuck... and Ill try the removal of the battery... uughhh
    who is your carrier? Is it gsm and ould it be sim card related? Are you in the normal carrier area?.

also does the wifi work?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    who is your carrier? Is it gsm and ould it be sim card related? Are you in the normal carrier area?.

also does the wifi work?
    Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    Sprint

I have had this happen in the past too me once or twice.

I never did any doctoring but have done a battery pull for a few minutes and that seemed to help.

not sure what else to do, if it persists a trip to sprint is definitely in order. Does it connect to wifi?
    When you say you performed a Doctor on the phone, were you able to fully run the program or did you get any errors?

Did you follow these directions fully?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I have had this happen in the past too me once or twice.

I never did any doctoring but have done a battery pull for a few minutes and that seemed to help.

not sure what else to do, if it persists a trip to sprint is definitely in order. Does it connect to wifi?
    No what happen is that its stuck on the Restore Screen.... and I get an error msg saying my phone is offline
    Follow the directions on the link I posted above and put your device into Recovery Mode to run the Doctor. See if this gets you back to working condition.
    ^ what he said.
  12.    #12  
    Yeah I did that... and the Web Doc said successfully... soo Ill try it again...
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Phone stuck in offline mode?
    Did you pay your bill?
    jk

No second thoughts, I'd take it back to Sprint tomor if your efforts tonight are unsuccessful.. . Bumr
  14.    #14  
    can that be a factor? not paying ur bill?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Sorta not really. You would still be able to call out but ONLY to Sprint so you can arrange payment and reactivation options.
  16.    #16  
    Man Cuz I did miss my payment date xD
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Uh, can you dial *2?
    Have someone call you and see what happens.. .
  18.    #18  
    No my phone is stuck at the restore screen... atm Im Doctoring it... trying it again... if it doesnt work... off to the sprint store in the morning...
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Good luck.

Post your results be that if you get results on your own or what Sprint does for you. Just curious.. .
    Can you open the phone app? If so go into preferences and see if you can fix it there.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast