1.    #1  
    I really like the browser in the pre, enough that I tend to use the full site for most pages. And until recently I could do that. Just in the past couple of weeks if I go to facebook I can log in and use the full site -but if I refresh the page i'm suddenly in the mobile site. My bookmark is the full regular url, I've triple checked. Also...google. It's suddenly the french page and I can't seem to change its default behavior. Aside from this silliness we have such a robust built in browser that normal pages are easily viewed, and I love that.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/27/2010 at 08:23 AM. Reason: changed title for clarification
    open google and when on the english version if you look at the bottom you will see where you can change to another language . well whenever it goes to french you can just go to the bottom and change it back to english
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Every time? why the heck would it default to french in the first place?
    To answer both your concerns:

Quote Originally Posted by robertbruce1975 View Post
    Just in the past couple of weeks if I go to facebook I can log in and use the full site -but if I refresh the page i'm suddenly in the mobile site.
    Recently, facebook.com has been changed to redirect to the mobile site. If you want to use the full site, go to "http://www.facebook.com/home.php" and it will work. Palm blogged about it on their facebook fan page. Bookmark that link.

Quote Originally Posted by robertbruce1975 View Post
    Also...google. It's suddenly the french page and I can't seem to change its default behavior.
    That's frustrating, but it's not Palm's fault - it's Google's (or maybe Sprint's). Google checks your IP address that you're using to access it's site, then tailors the page to your "location". Whatever IP address your phone has (given by Sprint) must make them think you're in France (or another French speaking country). Try using wifi and you'll see that it will load Google in english (providing your ISP is in the US). Frustrating, but unfortunately, there's nothing Palm can do to help.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I think the idea is that many of us know how to enter the address for the full /home.php site but are reporting that it is redirecting. Palm needs to understand that this redirecting is frustrating to its customers and should work with FB to rescind this redirect push FB is doing now
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool