1.    #1  
    As stated in the title, my home uses an Airave.

When in the range of the Airave, I can never get a definite GPS fix. It always shows me about an hour south, supposedly where my ISPs first DSLAM hop takes place.

However, last night I was playing around with the settings and disabled Google Services in the Location app. When I fired up Google Maps, it almost instantly fixed on my exact location.

So the question is: Why is Google Services causing my GPS fix to be incorrect? Ive disabled it for now to get accurate results while Im at home, but it does come in handy elsewhere.
    Google Services also uses your Wifi connection/cell connection to get a location fix. Since your Airave is providing a cell connection, that is probably what caused it.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  3.    #3  
    Is there anyway to fix that besides disabling Google Services?
    Not that I know of, unless you use some advanced tools which I do not know the name of (it changes something low level, might want to ask around for it... I thought it started with a Q and had 4 letters...). Google Services isn't really required for anything except reverse location.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Google services are not necessary when you have GPS and as you have discovered, can be very wrong. I leave google services off.

This probably has little to do with your Airave. I have an Airave too, live in Jackson, TN and google services thinks I am in Oxford, MS.

There is a time when you might want Google services. If you are using Google maps in a city where you cannot get a GPS fix because of the buildings, Google services might help to show your approximate location.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I had the same issue. Unplugging the satellite antenna fixed it. (the thin black wire that needs to be near a window.) All other functions are unaffected. My understanding of this antenna is that it's used to download firmware and updates. I have no idea how important this function is, but we've been without the antenna for several months, and gps and everything else work just fine.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    The antenna has nothing to do with the problem with google services. The antenna is used when the built in antenna cannot get a GPS fix. I've never had to use the antenna with my unit because the unit got a GPS fix without it. The airave will simply not work without the GPS location.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Thanks. Took me a minute to realize "Google Services" was in the preferences of the Location Services app, but the second I turned it off, my phone (when connected via airave) warped me from Grapevine all the way home to Plano. This is much better. Now maybe latitude won't lie anymore.....unless I want it to, mwa ha. Thanks.