1.    #1  
    Just started happening that Ive gotten txt's (sms) and but theyve come through listed under the WRONG persons name...
    My mother sends me a text and it arrived under a another womans profile....Then I send a message to one guy and someone else gets its instead.
    This can be verrrrrrry bad!
    Anyone else had this?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    This happened to me once before. What ended up happening was that my contacts were corrupt. I actually had to have a Palm Level 3 tech revert back to a good backup. One of the other symptoms I had was that I couldn't scroll through my contact list and some of my contacts when I tapped them in the contact list did nothing.
    never seen it, but that's really bad. Do you see anything in common like they are all from facebook, or all from gmail, etc?

Do you have other contacts that are working properly? I can imagine you will need to get this working before you accidentally send out something embarrassing...
    txt out: "oh, baby....your so sexy, cnt wait 2C u n play! xoxo"
    txt reply: "thank you honey... your dad would like to talk with u"
    txt out: "mom??"

That would be bad.

I agree with the others... could be corrupt contact file between linked contacts
  5.    #5  
    The contacts that this affected were just direct entries and not from Gmail, etc.I dont merge with facebook contacts.
    One was my Mum and the other some random chick!...So, helloNNewman's joke was actually pretty close to the mark. The fact that My Mums text came up under this girls profile and then the end of the text was signed with kisses and from the girl is verrrry weird....Its like two text messages merged in one.
    This could be verrrry incriminating and now Im worried to send text messages.
    Im not having any other major issues, apart from the power button breaking today.

I need to sort this ASAP...
    Or Im throwing my Pre in the bin before it costs me my life!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    try reselecting a profile as the primary one and see if it fixes that contact.
  7.    #7  
    Thus far, its affected 4 different names.
    1-received msg from my Mother and it went under another name.
    2-sent a message to one girl and it ended up to another friend.

I use one personal profile for as my Palm Profile, so its is my primary one.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    txt out: "oh, baby....your so sexy, cnt wait 2C u n play! xoxo"
    txt reply: "thank you honey... your dad would like to talk with u"
    txt out: "mom??"

That would be bad.

I agree with the others... could be corrupt contact file between linked contacts
    Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

To the OP
    I would seriously follow potatoboys path and get with Palm or your carrier ASAP.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    I hate to simply push people this route (even though it isn't bad), but if you are really worried about this issue, you could perform a Partial Erase and then restore all you data from your Palm backup and see if that backup fixes the glitch. Either that, run the Doctor and restore your Palm completely. These steps are good provided your backup is good. If your backup is bad, the you will want to follow the advice above from potatoboy.

You can find the 'how-to' information on these steps HERE.
    maybe try re-syncing the profile. I lost a contact and re-synced with my gmail profile and it worked. Not sure about Palms though.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I hate to simply push people this route (even though it isn't bad), but if you are really worried about this issue, you could perform a Partial Erase and then restore all you data from your Palm backup and see if that backup fixes the glitch. Either that, run the Doctor and restore your Palm completely. These steps are good provided your backup is good. If your backup is bad, the you will want to follow the advice above from potatoboy.

You can find the 'how-to' information on these steps HERE.
    The partial erase was one of the steps the Palm Techs pushed through. When that didn't work they basically told me to standby and called be back in about half an hour once they restored my previous palm profile backup into my active palm profile. Once they did that I had to do another partial and it loaded the correct info.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Komster View Post
    Thus far, its affected 4 different names.
    1-received msg from my Mother and it went under another name.
    2-sent a message to one girl and it ended up to another friend.

I use one personal profile for as my Palm Profile, so its is my primary one.
    No. I mean if you have a contact in google, facebook, linkedin, etc, select one under that contact and then select make this the primary profile. You must have more than one source for the contact to have this option. It will relink the contact to the correct messaging thread.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    When this happened to me it was on all contact types (had Palm, FB and Aim at the time)
    The issue was for me either the contacts looked ok or i couldn't actually open them.
  14.    #14  
    Apart from Gmail and the entries entered directly , there are no other sources. Not quite sure what it means to be RE-SYCNING THE PROFILE or making A PRIMARY PROFILE.

If anyone can direct me that would be great as for now, Im soiling myself everytime I send a txt!