Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dubldare View Post
    I've noticed something similiar, and not just the 'ts dance' which has the ever annoying 'dind-dong' that makes me want to crush the phone...
    There is a Patch available in Preware to silence the charging alert sound when on the TouchStone.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I have a handful of questions...

Do you have any system patches or patches that will cause something to auto run or run in the background)?
    Do you have the Auto reset app, apps that run automatically, or apps that run in the background (App store or Preware apps)?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Well, I've discovered that it was my touchstone charger malfunctioning that caused the Pre to wake up every night. I bought another TS from PreCentral's accessory store to keep at work and it arrived Wednesday afternoon. My Pre didn't do anything weird at all when connected to it. Just sat there charging in silence like it was supposed to. That indicated to me that there had to be a problem with the original charger. So, I took that TS back to the place where I got it and they gave me a replacement. Brought it home and set the Pre on it to charge - all was fine at first but about an hour later it started doing the same "TS Dance" as with the first charger, only worse! It was disconnecting and reconnecting to the TS every few seconds, and no amount of repositioning of the phone on the charger made any difference.
    So, I packed up that TS and took it back to the store and got ANOTHER replacement. This time I hit it lucky! Yaaaay! It was the last one they had in stock but it WORKS. Now my Pre sleeps like a baby through the night and so do I. And I have my PreCentral TS at the office so I can sleep peacefully at my desk too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    One slight correction: turning off the ringer switch will not silence the clock app alarm (unless you choose that option in the clock preferences).
    Actually it does for me... because I forgot that I'm running the 'really silent ringer switch' patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    Well, I've discovered that it was my touchstone charger malfunctioning that caused the Pre to wake up every night. I bought another TS from PreCentral's accessory store to keep at work and it arrived Wednesday afternoon. My Pre didn't do anything weird at all when connected to it. Just sat there charging in silence like it was supposed to. That indicated to me that there had to be a problem with the original charger. So, I took that TS back to the place where I got it and they gave me a replacement. Brought it home and set the Pre on it to charge - all was fine at first but about an hour later it started doing the same "TS Dance" as with the first charger, only worse! It was disconnecting and reconnecting to the TS every few seconds, and no amount of repositioning of the phone on the charger made any difference.
    So, I packed up that TS and took it back to the store and got ANOTHER replacement. This time I hit it lucky! Yaaaay! It was the last one they had in stock but it WORKS. Now my Pre sleeps like a baby through the night and so do I. And I have my PreCentral TS at the office so I can sleep peacefully at my desk too.
    I have the same problem with my TS so I'm interested to know where the problem is; in the phone back panel or in the magnetic seat.
    Did you notice while you were swapping chargers?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaw View Post
    I have the same problem with my TS so I'm interested to know where the problem is; in the phone back panel or in the magnetic seat.
    Did you notice while you were swapping chargers?
    It was clear to me, after buying and successfully testing the TS that I purchased online from PreCentral, that the issue was probably not the back panel, because the same back panel didn't work with one TS but worked with the other. So, I never swapped the back panel while trying the subsequent two chargers. I used the original that came with my first TS while trying all four chargers. The results were:

TS#1 + B.Panel#1 = erratic behavior (disconnecting and reconnecting every 20 seconds or so)

TS#2 + B.Panel#1 = (the PreCentral unit) worked flawlessly

TS#3 + B.Panel#1 = very erratic behavior (disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 seconds or so)

TS#4 + B.Panel#1 = still working flawlessly (this was the second replacement TS)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12