1.    #1  
    anybody else have this issue? I was trying to add a brand new contact and my pre absolutely refused to enter it, saying there was an error adding it, then the contact could not be added.

I tried restarting and adding again to no avail. This has happened to me before and in that 1st instance I just added the contact to my google acct and then my phone synced it in to my contacts as a workaround and thought it was just a 1 time thing. Now, a little annoyed and concerned.

so anyone else run into this problem? And did you ever figure out what was causing the error and get it fixed?
    Last edited by mvp0818; 05/26/2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: clarification
    I had this issue a couple weeks ago, was adding a contact from email. I thought maybe there was some weird issue with the length of his name because his name is about 27 characters long. But I tried adding him on Monday and added fine.

Sorry I have no solution on this random issue but agree there is something wrong.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp0818 View Post
    anybody else have this issue? I was trying to add a brand new contact and my pre absolutely refused to enter it, saying there was an error adding it, then the contact could not be added.

I tried restarting and adding again to no avail. This has happened to me before and in that 1st instance I just added the contact to my google acct and then my phone synced it in to my contacts as a workaround and thought it was just a 1 time thing. Now, a little annoyed and concerned.

so anyone else run into this problem? And did you ever figure out what was causing the error and get it fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I had this issue a couple weeks ago, was adding a contact from email. I thought maybe there was some weird issue with the length of his name because his name is about 27 characters long. But I tried adding him on Monday and added fine.

Sorry I have no solution on this random issue but agree there is something wrong.
    I have a theory - what's your Default Contacts account set to? If it's set to a profile that you can't add contacts to on the phone (i.e. - I believe LinkedIn is an example of one such account type), that might be the cause, and would explain why changes made to Google would sync over with no problem. Try going into your Contacts Preferences, and change the default account to something that should definitely work (like Palm Profile, Google, etc.), and see if that does the trick.
  4.    #4  
    thanks ay. Went into contacts preferences and switched my default acct to my palm profile and that did the trick (was set on my google as my default, which is probably why my first "workaround" worked, lol!)
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    thanks ay. Went into contacts preferences and switched my default acct to my palm profile and that did the trick (was set on my google as my default, which is probably why my first "workaround" worked, lol!)
    Well I think this is good first step, but I'm not sure it's the final solution you're seeking because you're now saving any new contact you enter into your Palm Profile rather than your Google one, and, as such, new contacts will NOT sync to your Google account....Now that this worked, I suggest you try removing the Google account from the phone, add it back again, and then make Google the default account, and see if that works. If it does, you should be all set. If it doesn't, at least you know the problem is something related to your Google account not accepting contacts for some reason (although I don't know why that would be just yet), and we can go from there. By the way, is this a Free or Premiere Google Apps account?
  6.    #6  
    it's the free google apps acct I was using. And per your suggestion, deleted my google acct, re-added and set it as my default. Then I added a fake contact and it was added w/ no issue. Phew! Thanks again, ay, for your very thorough help!
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    it's the free google apps acct I was using. And per your suggestion, deleted my google acct, re-added and set it as my default. Then I added a fake contact and it was added w/ no issue. Phew! Thanks again, ay, for your very thorough help!
    Glad I could help!
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I have a theory - what's your Default Contacts account set to? If it's set to a profile that you can't add contacts to on the phone (i.e. - I believe LinkedIn is an example of one such account type), that might be the cause, and would explain why changes made to Google would sync over with no problem. Try going into your Contacts Preferences, and change the default account to something that should definitely work (like Palm Profile, Google, etc.), and see if that does the trick.
    Google has been my default since launch day. Maybe it was down that day? Appreciate the suggestion though!
    This thread just saved me a HUGE headache.
    this happened to me last week. Rebooted phone and problem was solved.
    I just got my Pre Plus this week and have had this adding new contacts problem today. I just rebooted and it seems solved for now...but why is it happening??