1.    #1  
    with ths mobile hotspot on the Pre can i use it with my Xbox360 if i have the WiFi adapter so i can get on Xbox live.
    Well try it out! Connection might be slower than normal!
    Meh it really depends. I've had latencies as low as 100ms depending on signal quality. Thats more than enough for online games although it will never be as good as a normal wired/wireless.

FYI the speed is mostly irrelevant in this situation as long as you have an OK connection, i.e 3g is more than enough on the speed end of things. Some people don't even have ADSL that gets the same speeds as their 3g connection and they can play games perfectly fine. You could have 100MBPS down and the added latency of using the cell connection could still make you lag.

Try and connect from your PC to your phone (wirelessly using your phones hotspot) and ping a site in command prompt. See how long your average latency is, and how much packet loss you are getting. It could be the packet loss and not the latency that is killing you. Some providers get crazy packet loss for some reason (i've seen up to 50% even with a perfect connection)
    Works perfectly for me. I have a 19" Flat screen mounted in my truck along with an Xbox 360 with a WiFi adapter and I can play Call Of Duty on Live no problem with Mobile Hotspot. I am using Verizon's 3G network so I don't know about Sprint but I'm guessing it'd be about the same.
    I'm on Sprint and have used the Mobile Hotspot app to get online with my PS3...was playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 the other day for a good while with no problems...but it kind of started lagging pretty bad to the point it wasn't playable. I guess it just depends on which carrier network you're on, though.
  6. Xak
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    that's an awesome idea. hope it'll work!
    interesting... I was thinkin about posting something about this. I installed mobile hotspot on my sprint pre then tried getting my PS3 to use it but it doesn't. It'll recognize the signal then when I try n configure my PS3 with it a few seconds later it disconnects with my phone then reconnects then, same thing, disconnects. And never goes pass the configurating icon. I'm not sure why but wondering if someone here knew why? Is it not compatible with PS3?
    I had trouble with it with my Wii. Something in the settings was never quite right, as I could never get it to stay connected to my network.
    I can't even get my laptop to get online, I mean it recognized the connection and it shows it's online, but when I type an address, it won't work.

Sprint network, shows on my phone that laptop is conencted, laptop shows it's online (full bars and wireless icon look perfect), but can't get on any site at all....not sure what's up!
    Where can I find this Mobile Hotspot app?
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
    So, you also have a front bumper mounted cam so that you can have a Window open on your 19" Flat screen so that you can see where you are driving without running into the trees on the side of the road, right???

LOL <joke>

Quote Originally Posted by eleedy View Post
    Works perfectly for me. I have a 19" Flat screen mounted in my truck along with an Xbox 360 with a WiFi adapter and I can play Call Of Duty on Live no problem with Mobile Hotspot. I am using Verizon's 3G network so I don't know about Sprint but I'm guessing it'd be about the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyaden24 View Post
    interesting... I was thinkin about posting something about this. I installed mobile hotspot on my sprint pre then tried getting my PS3 to use it but it doesn't. It'll recognize the signal then when I try n configure my PS3 with it a few seconds later it disconnects with my phone then reconnects then, same thing, disconnects. And never goes pass the configurating icon. I'm not sure why but wondering if someone here knew why? Is it not compatible with PS3?
    same problem.
    i have a verizon wireless palm pixi how can i get my ps3 to connect to it please HIT ME BACK SOON THANX
    Oh yeah...I'm sure that'll get a quick reply...