1.    #1  
    I have been trying to sync my music collection using MediaMonkey and after it has transfered about 20 songs the usb connection drops. I have to unplug usb cable and wait then repeat the process. I have tried Windows Media player and the same thing happens. Its never the same length of time before the connection fails so I am not sure what the cause might be.

If anyone has the same problem and found a way to resolve it please let me know.
    check your cable... I have gone through 3 in about a year.
  3.    #3  
    I just replaced the cable. I have also tried several ports on the the laptop.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing this same problem on my new AT&T Pre Plus. Have also tried a couple of cables and different computers. I have also closed all cards before a transfer, with the same result... was hoping to find more posts on this subject..

After properly ejecting from Windows taskbar, there is no change on the Pre screen and I have to pull the cable to get out of USB Drive mode. Often I get a "Some data was damaged" message, Does this sound correct?
    make sure you use the palm-branded cable that came with your phone. I don't know the reason, but I know some cables don't have everything wired to modern specs.
  6.    #6  
    bdpatt - that is exactly what I am getting.

Cantaffordit - I have used the cord that came with the Pre as well as after market ones. It doesn't make any difference.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Try rebooting your phone. This would happen to me occasionally and a reboot always got things back to normal.
    We have gone thru several usb cables, because they would all of a sudden stop recognizing our phones. They have just replaced them for me at Sprint.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I'll be following this thread with interest, as I've had the same problem. I've tried 2 different cords, 3 different usb ports, and yet sometimes (there doesn't seem to be a pattern) my connection unexpectedly is dropped. I'll try rebooting the phone next time, to see if that helps.
    make sure that your phone isn't connected to the computer when you restart it. Luna seems to prefer that, but I'm not sure why...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    CantaffordIt - I've also been using Palm branded cables, never had any problems with my Treo Pro.

I've tried at least once after a reboot (cable was not attached during)..with same results
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdpatt View Post
    I'm experiencing this same problem on my new AT&T Pre Plus. Have also tried a couple of cables and different computers. I have also closed all cards before a transfer, with the same result... was hoping to find more posts on this subject..

After properly ejecting from Windows taskbar, there is no change on the Pre screen and I have to pull the cable to get out of USB Drive mode. Often I get a "Some data was damaged" message, Does this sound correct?
    So I plugged my Pre into another computer and Windows detected errors and wanted to scan the drive (ChkDsk).. Since doing this, I've been able to transfer ~1GB of music without incident. Hopefully, that was the problem!
    I'm new here. First post. My new Pre plus from Verizon is doing the same thing. It's very frustrating. I can have the Pre plugged into my computer and all of a sudden, the Pre is dropped, even during music/file transfer. It's frustrating and it's brand new. Brand new cable, everything.