Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Even though I have system sounds turned off and the system sound volume slider off.......I still get sounds, in partiular the battery charge sound when plugging a usb cable in. Any ideas how to remove these sounds TOTALLY?
    Quote Originally Posted by leelauer View Post
    Even though I have system sounds turned off and the system sound volume slider off.......I still get sounds, in partiular the battery charge sound when plugging a usb cable in. Any ideas how to remove these sounds TOTALLY?
    If you turn off the switch on the top (off has red exposed), it shouldn't make any unintentional noises, other than clock alarms (which is a good feature in my mind). It will still play music and video noises, but those are what I would call intentional noises. I keep the system sounds at a normal level and just mute with the switch on top. Easy, and fast.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Install the "charging Alert Vibrate Only" patch.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    If you turn off the switch on the top (off has red exposed), it shouldn't make any unintentional noises, other than clock alarms (which is a good feature in my mind). It will still play music and video noises, but those are what I would call intentional noises. I keep the system sounds at a normal level and just mute with the switch on top. Easy, and fast.
    Ok, but this sounds like a bandaid fix. That switch is meant for when you go into a meeting, a quick silencer......but day to day, I want the ringer to work too, just not hear other usless noises.
    there is a patch for that.

really silent ringer switch mute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post

+1
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

funny, but doesn't really solve anything
    there's also a patch that totaly mutes the charge alert sound so when you put it on the charger it makes no sound.
    funny, but doesn't really solve anything
    O.o?

I created Really Silent Ringer Switch patch because I was annoyed how many sounds can still cause awkward situations. Game music/sounds, notifications, etc.. With the ringer switch off, the only thing that should cause any noise is alarms (and only if the ringer switch option is setup properly). Are ya saying the charge notification is still making noise, even with the patch installed and the ringer switch set to silent?
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Ok, but this sounds like a bandaid fix. That switch is meant for when you go into a meeting, a quick silencer......but day to day, I want the ringer to work too, just not hear other usless noises.
    So let me get this straight. You want the ringer, and possibly notification noises, but not other system noises like the charging ding and the card swipe? I don't know if that's possible. The charging ding is a notification, so I think you either get all of those or none of those. But there is the patch for the charging sound. Then sliding the system sounds all the way down would eliminate the card swipe, leaving you with other notifications and the ringer. Is that the setup you want?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Yesh, I guess I wrongly assumed that the battery charge noise was a system sound.
    As others (netwrkr9) have stated above, there is a patch for that. I hate the charge alert too, so I installed the patch to disable it. I'm not sure if there is one for the card swoosh yet.
    : (){:|:&};:

+1!!! Lee, use Jason's patch. It works great for teh purpose you need!
    Last edited by jakelaw; 05/26/2010 at 11:41 AM.