1.    #1  
    Anyone run across this issue?

I have an incoming call, I answer and I cannot hear the other party nor can they hear me (confirmed with friend). If I put it into speaker this becomes corrected. Frusteraaatinnnggg.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Yes. Were you using headphones or external speakers in your Pre's headphone jack? If so, it probably thinks something is still plugged in. Plug and unplug something your headphones in there to "fix" it. Repeat if it doesn't work the first time.
    I have not had this happened but as the previous poster said it must think something is still plugged in.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yes this used to happen to me with my iPhone all the time. To get around it try pausing the music before you unplug the headphones.
    I think my phone is doing this to me. If so, I am pissed. This is exactly what my previous phone did.

Nothing seems to be working. I reset it, battery pull, plugged the headphones in & out. Nada. =[
    Edit: Also, I noticed the proximity sensor doesnt seem to turn off the screen when on a call anymore. This is so odd, the phone was working fine yesterday.
    Last edited by Syphon; 06/18/2009 at 03:15 PM.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Mine did this and it started during a call, without me using a headset during said call.

To fix it you must fiddle with a headset plugged in. For me, it took plugging one in, making a call (to voicemail), ending the call, unplugging the headset.

Next call, it worked through the earpiece.

It's a bug. I already notified Sprint tech support.
    I hope my phone fixes itself. And I also hope it is a software glitch that can be fixed with an update.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I think my phone is doing this to me. If so, I am pissed. This is exactly what my previous phone did.

Nothing seems to be working. I reset it, battery pull, plugged the headphones in & out. Nada. =[
    Edit: Also, I noticed the proximity sensor doesnt seem to turn off the screen when on a call anymore. This is so odd, the phone was working fine yesterday.
    The same thing happened to me yesterday. Exactly like yours with the proximity sensor and it only working with the speaker phone. I just went in to Sprint this morning and got it exchanged for a new one. Weird that it happened just yesterday just like mine. I hope it isn't some kind of logic bomb.
    My Pre eventually unstuck itself from headset mode. I just played music & inserted my headphones a bunch of times really fast until the music blared from the speaker.
    Follow Me On