1. BJB
    This is a strange one. Since the latest update, my Pre Plus (unpatched) seems to do the following say for one call one a week or so..... it does not ring.

This is not the deal where the ringer just does not work for ANY calls, you reboot and it works.

This is where I can have the phone sitting there. Volume is on. It is not on vibrate, and next thing I hear is the tone that I had missed a call. Further, without touching it I can call the phone from another phone and it will ring.

And then, that same person can call back later and it will ring.

I thought it was a dial-by-picture program I was using, however that program was not even open today when it happened.

My search on ringers brought up a lot of posts, but I did not see this issue. Anyone else experience this? I do not think it ever happened before the last update.

BJB
    I've had that happen every now and then on VZ for years... it happened the other day to my wife on her dumb-phone. I think it's just a glitch in the VZ network...
    Are you in a low signal area when this happens? I've had it happen to me as well on Sprint.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    i've had this happen to me also. a have a pre with patches installed and recently every now and then i'll get a text but no sound! same goes with phone calls. i dont even get a missed call message. not sure if it was certain patches that were the culprit, so i removed the latest patches installed. all seems fine...for now!
  5. BJB
    Thanks...at least I know I am not alone.
    Been on verizon for years, but my Treos never did that.
    And I did not notice it on this Pre until that patch.

Can't say if I've seen it happen with texts or now.

O well, another Pre mystery.

BJB
    Happens to me alot because Sprint's coverage is terrible in my area. No biggy. Just call the person back. I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Happens to me alot because Sprint's coverage is terrible in my area. No biggy. Just call the person back. I suppose.
    dont know if its a coverage issue with me. i have great coverage where i am at. i do get the actual call only no sound. i've actually watched this happen. this worries me cause i would then be useless in case of an emergency.