Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    After a 'Preset Reset' last night, All apps on the Pre (besides the built in apps) are gone. Preware, Paid Apps, Free apps, etc.

    - I've been running Preset-Reset since it came out.
    - It does show a successful backup this am at 5:30am.
    - Patches are still there.
    - Messaging history, phone history is still there.
    - Email accounts and mail history is still there.

    - WOSQI "Device Management" still lists all of the apps as installed.

    - I powered down, pulled battery - no change (I didn't expect this to fix it)

    Any suggestions besides "See the doctor"?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Dr. seems extreme. Are we talking a LOT of apps?

    Can you just reinstall them and see?
  3.    #3  
    About 25 apps. Plus some done through WOSQI, vs Preware, and the App catalog. It would be a pain.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyboy View Post
    About 25 apps. Plus some done through WOSQI, vs Preware, and the App catalog. It would be a pain.
    If you did an "Erase Apps and Data" when you reload your Palm profile your app catalog apps would re-install, but you would loose your text and phone history. Contacts and Memos should also come back with your profile. You would then need to reinstall your homebrew apps and patches. Using Save/Restore with the Preware saved package list can make that much less painful.
  5. #5  
    Weird--another user mentioned installing the named launcher pages patch to fix a disappearing app. Perhaps that would work for you. Or you could try the webos repair utility.

    Can you launch apps by finding them in universal search?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyboy View Post
    After a 'Preset Reset' last night, All apps on the Pre (besides the built in apps) are gone. Preware, Paid Apps, Free apps, etc.

    - I've been running Preset-Reset since it came out.
    - It does show a successful backup this am at 5:30am.
    - Patches are still there.
    - Messaging history, phone history is still there.
    - Email accounts and mail history is still there.

    - WOSQI "Device Management" still lists all of the apps as installed.

    - I powered down, pulled battery - no change (I didn't expect this to fix it)

    Any suggestions besides "See the doctor"?

    Thanks
    Can you see the apps when you start typing in universal search? This might help narrow down the problem.
  7. #7  
    same thing happened to me on monday. Only default apps appearwd. I had installed Pre Backp Utility the day before and did a save/restore and a pre backup uitility the night before as well as a sync toy backup to my pc. The next morning only the default apps remained. I do a Preset Reset each night @ 10. Had to dr the pre to get my apps back.
  8. #8  
    Two things that was already mentioned but I really want to emphasize

    1. Does universal search find the applications? If it does then the apps are not necessarily gone from the device however something is causing a problem on the device, maybe two patches not playing nice together?

    2. The webOS doctor is an extreme step to take. You should first try going through the erase apps and data option and see if that resolves the issue. I'm not saying the doctor won't be needed but if you can fix it by doing other steps you should take those first instead of jumping to the end.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9. #9  
    Hardbeatz, we always appreciate your responses. Thanks for that.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Weird--another user mentioned installing the named launcher pages patch to fix a disappearing app. Perhaps that would work for you. Or you could try the webos repair utility.

    Can you launch apps by finding them in universal search?
    The named pages patch likes to be installed before any other launcher patches. However when it cause me issues it made all of the launcher pages appear blank, not even default apps and icons were there.

    The universal search would pull the apps up though. So removing the patch using Preware brought the icons back, then removing all other launcher patches and then re-installing with the named pages one first took care of everything.

    The OP's problem sounds different.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Two things that was already mentioned but I really want to emphasize

    1. Does universal search find the applications? If it does then the apps are not necessarily gone from the device however something is causing a problem on the device, maybe two patches not playing nice together?

    2. The webOS doctor is an extreme step to take. You should first try going through the erase apps and data option and see if that resolves the issue. I'm not saying the doctor won't be needed but if you can fix it by doing other steps you should take those first instead of jumping to the end.
    Universal Search does not find the applications. I could find built in apps by searching 'sp' (Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, etc) but could not find any 3rd party ones.

    I was hoping there was a 'flag' internal somewhere that could get reset that these apps exist, since WOSQI still sees them as installed.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyboy View Post
    Universal Search does not find the applications. I could find built in apps by searching 'sp' (Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, etc) but could not find any 3rd party ones.

    I was hoping there was a 'flag' internal somewhere that could get reset that these apps exist, since WOSQI still sees them as installed.
    If you have Preware installed click on the preferences menu and open up the built in Luna Manager. If you don't have Preware installed, install it or Luna Manager from WOSQI. Select the rescan option and see if that does anything. I honestly don't know if it will but it can't hurt to try.
  13.    #13  
    Should the Emergency Recovery Utility from Webos Internals help? I tried to install it via WOSQI. It 'sends' when I click the "Install" button, but I see no Icon, or any reset of any kind.
  14. #14  
    this might be a dumb question....but had u already updated to 1.4.1.1.??
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyboy View Post
    Should the Emergency Recovery Utility from Webos Internals help? I tried to install it via WOSQI. It 'sends' when I click the "Install" button, but I see no Icon, or any reset of any kind.
    if i remember correct there shouldnt be an icon, it installs itself...runs the recovery, then uninstalls itself....or something like that lol
  16. #16  
    i just put my phone back to factory settings n when i put my palm profile in all my stuff came back i couldnt believe it....my music, the movies n photos now tell me which phone does all that!! i did it bcuz i had to reboot my PC back to factory settings bcuz my windows explorer stop working right so i lost all my media(everything ugh) but since it all stayed on my pre i just downloaded it off my phone using usb n now my itunes is back what a phone love it!
  17. #17  
    Hi everyone,

    Just wondering why its only happening to me so far...normally if I encounter a problem, its already happened to someone already and theres a thread about it. Regrettably this time, its just me.

    Problem: Seems that all my programs and icons that are not Factory set are missing (Preware, Govnah, Music Remix, Games, etc). I rebooted through the power button, because the reboot manager was missing too, and its still all gone.

    My 4x4 patch is still in effect, as well as add/delete pages since there are blank pages around (which is how i figured out something was missing). I have not installed anything new in the last 3 days either, and up to last night, everything was fine.

    It was working last night before I went to bed, put it on the Touchstone no problem, and this morning when I got to work I found the icons were all missing.

    Any suggestions, other than rebooting again? Im not really concerned because im sure theres a fix coming somewhere soon, but im just wondering why it would only be me? Thanks!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by spascual View Post
    Hi everyone,

    Just wondering why its only happening to me so far...normally if I encounter a problem, its already happened to someone already and theres a thread about it. Regrettably this time, its just me.

    Problem: Seems that all my programs and icons that are not Factory set are missing (Preware, Govnah, Music Remix, Games, etc). I rebooted through the power button, because the reboot manager was missing too, and its still all gone.

    My 4x4 patch is still in effect, as well as add/delete pages since there are blank pages around (which is how i figured out something was missing). I have not installed anything new in the last 3 days either, and up to last night, everything was fine.

    It was working last night before I went to bed, put it on the Touchstone no problem, and this morning when I got to work I found the icons were all missing.

    Any suggestions, other than rebooting again? Im not really concerned because im sure theres a fix coming somewhere soon, but im just wondering why it would only be me? Thanks!
    Don't worry. There is another person experiencing this. Can WebOSQuickInstall still see your apps installed?

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ggestions.html
  19. #19  
    Hooray! Misery loves company I guess. Just kidding, im hoping its just an isolated incident instead of being plastered on the front page.

    Im at work at the moment so I cant check WOSQI. One thing I did notice is that when I clicked Updates, it just ran and ran, so I couldnt check that way either. Heres some other stuff that might be pertinent:

    Last backup: 24/05/10 9:29 am
    Carrier: Bell
    Patches: Seem to be working, like battery percentage
    Data: Seems to be all intact as well, like photos, sms, ringtones
    Apps: All missing, but going to the App store and looking up Super KO boxing, it says Download for Free, so it still recognizes that I already own it. Attempting to re-download Transformers for free to see whats up (since I havent really played it yet).

    I hope all my save games dont disappear...I finally beat Hold Em Legend and im in the High Stakes games and I wouldnt want to start over again.
    Last edited by spascual; 05/26/2010 at 09:04 AM.
  20. #20  
    After installing Transformers again, it seems my saved game is still in effect. Without having to see the dr, Im guessing ill leave it alone for tonights update, but if nothing gets fixed on its own, ill have to reinstall all the programs one at a time, starting with Preware.

    Device info also shows that the programs are gone from Downloaded applications, but the memory available is still the same as it was when I had my applications in.

    At least I can play Transformers though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions