1.    #1  
    Hi everyone! Tried to send video file about 20mb of course email does not support, can anyone give an advice how to transfer big files? Like on skype? Maybe some upload server where you can upload and then share the link with your friends, with password and for free ? Tnx
    yousendit.com

Free service (there is a paid part, but you would not need that)

Simply xfer file to computer, go to the site, browse to your file, select it, click upload, and fill in the recipient's email addy. The file is uploaded and a link is emailed to your recipient.

Works very well and simply.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    Hi everyone! Tried to send video file about 20mb of course email does not support, can anyone give an advice how to transfer big files? Like on skype? Maybe some upload server where you can upload and then share the link with your friends, with password and for free ? Tnx
    If your e-mail account can send files that large, there's a patch that allows sending files up to 25 mb in size called "Share Larger Videos Via Email". Also, you can try Zumo Drive which will allow you to upload the file directly from your phone to the Zumo Drive website and then send an e-mail link to whoever you want to share the video with which they can use to download the file from your Zumo Drive account.
    Or upload to facebook or youtube and send a link.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  5.    #5  
    Ok, thank you! i try to avoid using computer, so i can see Zumo drive 2 gb storage for free as a nice option and youtube (but youtube is open channel and everyone can find your video in recent uploads etc..). So, thank you for quick replies!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    yousendit.com

Free service (there is a paid part, but you would not need that)

Simply xfer file to computer, go to the site, browse to your file, select it, click upload, and fill in the recipient's email addy. The file is uploaded and a link is emailed to your recipient.

Works very well and simply.
    The OP was asking about uploading FROM the Pre... have you been able to do that with yousendit.com? I haven't, and I assume it is because they require access to the file system, and the button to browse for files has no way to send that call to webOS...

If you have figured out how to upload files from your Pre to yousendit.com, PLEASE let me know...

I generally just email them or wait until I'm able to connect to my PC...
    I believe a dropbox application has found its way to the Palm Webapp feed. That could work too.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    You can also try ZumoDrive since it now allows you to upload files.
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    If your e-mail account can send files that large, there's a patch that allows sending files up to 25 mb in size called "Share Larger Videos Via Email". Also, you can try Zumo Drive which will allow you to upload the file directly from your phone to the Zumo Drive website and then send an e-mail link to whoever you want to share the video with which they can use to download the file from your Zumo Drive account.
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    Ok, thank you! i try to avoid using computer, so i can see Zumo drive 2 gb storage for free as a nice option and youtube (but youtube is open channel and everyone can find your video in recent uploads etc..). So, thank you for quick replies!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You can also try ZumoDrive since it now allows you to upload files.
    Yes, HelloNNNewman, the OP already had that info and acknowledged same, but you're always there to help everyone, and it's much appreciated
    LOL sorry about that AY!.... I searched, but totally missed your posting of that suggestion! (and the obvious replies) Teaches me a lesson not to try and work and surf the forums at the same time. Heh heh

I'm usually around a day late and dollar (pre inflation) short.