1.    #1  
    Calls from my new at&t Pre + are very barely audible on the receiving end although I can hear them fine. I have tried restarting the phone but no luck, still the same problem
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Do you still have the sticker on the front? It might be covering the hole for the mic. If you already pulled that off, then you might be holding the mic too far away from your mouth. The hole for the mic is on the front face near the bottom left corner.
    You could also have the opposite problem--mic too close to the face. My wife does this when she's trying to hold the phone with her shoulder. Drives me nuts.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I used to have that problem sometimes when I had my phone hooked up to my car stereo running through the aux jack. Got a new aux cord with an independent mic on it. Haven't had a problem since.
    sounds like the OP is stuck in the dreaded headset mode... I just had that happen on Friday, and I had a shiny replacement on my doorstep Saturday morning. And I have to say that the build quality of this one is PERFECT!

There are threads around here about how to solve the "stuck in headset" problem, but none of them worked for me.

Check them out, and use the headset until you get it fixed or replaced...

...or, you are covering up the speaker hole on the botton/left of the phone....
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Can you hear them through the speakerphone or the ear piece? If you can hear them OK through the speakerphone then it is the krappy headset mode toggle issue. I just returned my 3rd Pre because of that issue. All "fixes" are temporary at best. When you can blow in to your Pre's headset jack and watch the phone toggle back and forth sometimes headset mode and normal mode.....you know it is hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoncorey View Post
    Can you hear them through the speakerphone or the ear piece? If you can hear them OK through the speakerphone then it is the krappy headset mode toggle issue. I just returned my 3rd Pre because of that issue. All "fixes" are temporary at best. When you can blow in to your Pre's headset jack and watch the phone toggle back and forth sometimes headset mode and normal mode.....you know it is hardware.
    Yep, start by putting your headset and call some people. if everything sounds good, you can try to solve it as indicated above and in other threads. Also make sure you aren't connected to the bluetooth headset that is still in your pocket (don't laugh, it happens a lot!).

If that's not it, then you may have an obstruction or problem with your mic, which is that little hole to the bottom left of the swipe area. Did you happen to put a screen protector on it recently? If you covered up that hole, your mic would barely be able to pick up your voice... I've seen that happen a few times, too. Or if you wedge the phone between your face and your shoulder, you can easily cover up that mic port, especially on your left shoulder, because the mic port is located with the assumption that you have the phone to your right ear...
    THANKS! I got a beautiful 3rd pre and was sooo excited. Then I tried to call people with it. So I'm going to search for headset fixes and meanwhile call Sprint and see if they want to send me a 4th pre. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzume View Post
    THANKS! I got a beautiful 3rd pre and was sooo excited. Then I tried to call people with it. So I'm going to search for headset fixes and meanwhile call Sprint and see if they want to send me a 4th pre. *sigh*
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1820251
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    This is a little off topic but I don't see the need to start a new thread for a simple quick question.

So when talking over speakerphone, am I still being heard through the front speaker or does the back become a 2-way situation? It almost sounds that way because you cannot speak over each other and be heard in SPmode like walky-talky style.

I was experimenting with this a little and seemed like people could hear me better when I talked at the back of the phone so now I had to ask.
    Everybody wants some!..