Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dear forums,
    I'm sorry for being an *****, but basically I got a new Pre+ without a data plan. I'm stuck in the activation screen and it was asking me to setup a profile, I tried, but obviously it failed. It then sent me to a page where I needed to enter an Internet APN, Username, and Password. I don't have that stuff!
    I do have a Wi-Fi network at home, but I can't access it.
    HELP PLEASE
    What do I do?
    Thanks, and sorry for being an *****,
    Alex
    I would suggest you wait until you can access your wifi network and then try again.
    Maybe do a hard reset and try activating when you have wifi?

I'm not really sure but if you search the threads, I think some people have gotten their phones to work w/o a data plan and just using wifi. Are you with Verizon or AT&T?
  3.    #3  
    I appreciate the quick reply.
    I'm with AT&T
    3G is required for activation. WiFi will not do it. However you can bypass activation with the Meta Doctor. I will find it...one moment.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Yep meta doctor is the only fix although At&t shouldn't have sold you the phone without data
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    3G is required for activation. WiFi will not do it. However you can bypass activation with the Meta Doctor. I will find it...one moment.
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:MetaDoctor
  7.    #7  
    Thank you everyone!
    Is there anything else I could do?
    Call AT&T, get data plan. IMO without it the smartphone isn't.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Other than getting a data plan because without one the pre and just about any other smartphone is next to useless, No
  10.    #10  
    Theoretically, what if I were to borrow the AT&T Sim Card of a friend which has a data plan, activate it and then return my sim card into the device?
    Without a data plan, webOS isn't.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  12.    #12  
    How fast could I get a data plan?
    You would have to check with AT&T.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    borrow a friend's sim card. put it in, start up, activate, turn off the phone, give the sim back to your friend, then put your own back in.

it'll only take 5 minutes. when i first got my pre, my sim wasn't recognised for data (this was before you could enter settings) so (i was at work) i just said 'anyone got a sim card i can borrow?' someone had an optus one (a carrier in my country) and i popped it in, 5 mins later no problems.

DONT get a data plan JUST to activate, if you're never going to use it again. what a waste!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Ramen View Post
    Theoretically, what if I were to borrow the AT&T Sim Card of a friend which has a data plan, activate it and then return my sim card into the device?
    yeah, sorry, shoulda read. do this, it'll work.

that said, once you do have a data plan, you'll never be able to go back. it's just too awesome.
  16.    #16  
    Meh, I'm getting a data plan. I've never had a data plan before so it should be enjoyable :]
    Hi everyone, I really need your support! Please to help me!
    I have my palm since 1 year and its really a great device for me (i am living in germany and bought my palm pre by o2 germany). Before 3 days I upgraded my device to 1.4.5 and then I went to settings and pressed "big erase(to erase all information and settings on the phone)" . I did that, because I wanted to give my palm to one friend of mine, who live in Bulgaria. And now, he calls me to say, that he cannot do anything with the device He is going to create a profile, is asked about user name, password and email-adress, and then comes the big ****: INTERNET APN ADRESS, USER NAME AND PASSWORD! My friend lives in Bulgaria and immediately activated tha mobile-internet (his operator is Vivacom), so he has a data plan on his sim card. Nevertheless, we do not know what we can do!!??
    Please friends, please help me!
    Thank you!!!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    A quick google search of "vivacom apn" resulted in this:

APN: internet.vivacom.bg
    Username: VIVACOM
    Password: VIVACOM

Username/password are probably case sensitive.
    Call his carrier they should know what to put in there.
    Yes, I know this settings, but they do not work!
    After tipping these 3 things, there is coming "the device cannot write these setting"

Other suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast