1.    #1  
    I searched the forums to see if there were any helpful posts about my problem and I also googled it to make sure.

Well I have had my Palm Pre Plus on Verizon for a month now and I completely love it. However, I have been wanting to connect my school email to it for the longest time because it would just make everything so much more simpler and easier.

My school uses eChalk as our emails and well as a way to check Homework and the like from our classes. I do not really know much when it comes to things like IMAP and POP3 and all of that email jargon. Is there anyone out there that would know how to set it up so that I can get my school email from my Pre?
    It been a while since I was in school.. but most school IT departments have a list of email settings they give to students for setting up email accounts to access the school's email. Did you get anything from the school showing you the settings? You will need to know this.
    Here is the settings I could find on the issue

Pop Account
    In the User Information section, enter your name and eChalk email address in
    the appropriate fields.
    �� In the Server Information section, enter the following:
    Incoming mail server: pop3.echalk.com
    Outgoing mail server: smtp.echalk.com
    �� In the Logon Information section, enter your eChalk email address (e.g.
    user@school.org) in the User Name field and your eChalk password in the
    Password field.
    Requires ESMTP

You can find more information about it here
    http://bayschool.us/microwiki/images...for_eChalk.pdf
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    You don't really say, so I will ask. Did you try to set up an email account yet? The Pre was the easiest mobile device I have ever set up for email. Just put in your email and password. If that doesn't work, then yeah, you will need your pop and smtp settings from your IT dept.
  5.    #5  
    Yes, I have connected an email before on my phone lol. As far as I know the IT department does not have the need to give out the information to the students. It is fairly easy to get on the email on a desktop. All that is needed is a username and password, however, it gets more complicated when you try other things.

@ HardBeatZ I thought your suggestion would work but it did not . I read through the PDF but the information you already posted summarizes the whole document. Thanks though.
    You can try this too since you say your PC's email is already set up correctly... If you open your PC's email client and open the account settings, you can view the settings to emulate on your Pre.

When you set up the Pre's email by Adding an Account, choose Manual Setup from the drop down menu and use the same settings from computer's email.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You can try this too since you say your PC's email is already set up correctly... If you open your PC's email client and open the account settings, you can view the settings to emulate on your Pre.

When you set up the Pre's email by Adding an Account, choose Manual Setup from the drop down menu and use the same settings from computer's email.
    Well eChalk is a browser based email, we do not use any PC email clients unfortunately. I did follow your advice and looked through any settings or anything that I could find on the browser but I could still not find anything.
    At this point your only recourse is to contact school IT and see if they have client based settings that you can use to set up the email account on the device.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9.    #9  
    I guess your right, I will need to ask someone in the department to see if the information is available for students to use. Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by newt45 View Post
    Well eChalk is a browser based email, we do not use any PC email clients unfortunately. I did follow your advice and looked through any settings or anything that I could find on the browser but I could still not find anything.
    Ahh... my mistake.. I thought there was a set of settings for use with an app like Outlook and not just web... sorry.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Ahh... my mistake.. I thought there was a set of settings for use with an app like Outlook and not just web... sorry.
    Yea its ok, you tried
    If you can set up a rule to forward emails automatically to another account, you could set up a new gmail account and have your emails automatically forwarded to it. That way you could get them on your Pre. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but there are always options.

Have you tried accessing the echalk website on your Pre's browser?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    We have two different e-mail clients at our school - browser (like yours) and client.

From the settings you gave, it looks like you have all the info you would need to set up the Pre e-mail client.

You could also just open your browser, set up nothing, and just input the account number and password when you need to. I do that when for some odd reason I can't use regular e-mail.

I personally find it easiest to do that through one of the password saving security programs, but there's no reason you can't do it by hand.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    That is an excellent idea (the forwarding one)
  15.    #15  
    Wow, I was about to try the forwarding trick and just deal with it, but I randomly decided to try one last time and it finally worked! It seems that the 2 accounts are not exactly in sync with each other, as in, if I get an email and I read it on my Pre it will stay say unread on my browser. However, this problem occurs on my Hotmail account as well so I am very used to it.

@nxd10 Thanks for the suggestion!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Congratulations