Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Welcome to PreCentral the premier forum for webOS. If you have just gotten a new Palm phone or have one coming you've made a great choice in the crowded and confusing smartphone market. The Palm Pre and Pixi are very sophisticated devices with lots of settings and many functions and capabilites. Please take some time to get to know your device. You can learn the basics at Palms website: Palm Support : Palm Pre Plus for AT&T - Home
    Then you can learn more tips and tricks here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ps-tricks.html

If you'd like to add more ringtones or create you own take a stop by here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...own-music.html and if you'd like to find some cool wallpaper for your phone, stop in here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-gallery.html

As you may know we have a very stong homebrew community here which will allow you to customize you phone with Themes and Patches and Homebrew Apps. When you're ready to delve a liitle farther into your phones capabilities, jump in here:http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes and Preware here: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware

One of the things you will need to learn along the way is how to economize your power. You can get battery tips here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...life-tips.html

We even have a general guide for Newbies, right here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html

You can find anything you want here. Here's how: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...recentral.html

If you ever need help or have questions don't be afraid to ask. Again welcome to PreCentral and enjoy your phone!
    Last edited by vza33; 06/29/2010 at 06:38 PM.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    thanks! I'm definatey enjoying the pre.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Just call me Berd.
    finally got my extended battery. Two days of heavy use with wifi and still at 75%!

I'm enjoying tweaking all the programs and patches, but more importantly I'm just enjoying using the phone.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Just thought I'd stop and introduce myself. Just ordered the AT&T Pre Plus about five minutes ago after going back and forth from iPhone 3G to Backflip (which failed for me as an Android device) to waiting for the new iPhone to yadda yadda yadda. This community made me decide to fully jump ship onto the webOS. The iPhone OS, to me, has got pretty stagnant even with the preview they showed. Anyway, looking forward to hanging out here quite a bit. Phone should be here in two days!
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TableZero View Post
    Just thought I'd stop and introduce myself. Just ordered the AT&T Pre Plus about five minutes ago after going back and forth from iPhone 3G to Backflip (which failed for me as an Android device) to waiting for the new iPhone to yadda yadda yadda. This community made me decide to fully jump ship onto the webOS. The iPhone OS, to me, has got pretty stagnant even with the preview they showed. Anyway, looking forward to hanging out here quite a bit. Phone should be here in two days!
    Congrats! Finding this forum last year helped me to make my final decision also, when I was researching for a new phone. You won't regret it, the Pre is a great phone. If you have any questions or need help along the way, just give a holla. Enjoy your new Pre.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    This forum solidified my decision as well. 2 thumbs up!
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
    Welcome, and Congrats!
    I guess that says good for PreCentral.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Thanks! After a long year of waiting: I'm glad to say I finally have my Pre. Literally about 30 minutes out of the box. Was rather sad: first, AT&T didn't have any display at the store / only one unit in-stock (mine) and zero interest in discussing the Pre. Then, I went to the Shack -- they are putting the touchstones on clearance as 'old' --> I bought a few at the low-low price of $16.00 each.

Many thanks to this & other guides on PreCentral.net. I'm certain they will be invaluable in the next few days as I start to learn WebOS.
    Welcome to you all! Let us know what you think as you get more familiar with your phone, and as/if you decide to homebrew.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    i just got my at&t pre a couple days ago and still learning how to use it. i've been draining the battery completely and charging the battery completely to help improve it's life. i've figured out how to add music and pics to my pre via usb pc. the one thing i haven't figured out how to do is how to get rid of the preloaded at&t contacts. i thought deleting the information from the contact would get rid of it, but instead they appear in "#" of my contacts list and can't seem to delete them. has anyone been able to get rid of them?
  12.    #13  
    If those contacts are from your gmail or Yahoo contacts for example, you need to delete them online first.
    Battery life will stablize and improve after about a week. Enjoy your new Pre!
    Last edited by vza33; 05/27/2010 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    If those contacts are from your gmail or Yahoo contacts for example, you need to delete them online first.
    Battery life will stablize and improve after about a week. Enjoy your new Pre!
    i don't believe the at&t contacts (such as Check your Minutes, Data Usage, etc), are from my gmail account.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
    i don't believe the at&t contacts (such as Check your Minutes, Data Usage, etc), are from my gmail account.
    Are you talking about text messages then?

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Are you talking about text messages then?
    no, contacts. in my contacts/address book, i have all these at&t logo'ed contacts (where the pictures of contacts normally are) that i can't seem to swipe off/delete. i have one palm contact too that i can't seem to delete. i thought if it has no information then it would auto-delete, but that is not the case here. maybe i'll just go down to the at&t store and see if someone can help me out.
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
    no, contacts. in my contacts/address book, i have all these at&t logo'ed contacts (where the pictures of contacts normally are) that i can't seem to swipe off/delete. i have one palm contact too that i can't seem to delete. i thought if it has no information then it would auto-delete, but that is not the case here. maybe i'll just go down to the at&t store and see if someone can help me out.
    I'm sorry I miss understood, I have a Sprint Pre and Sprint doesn't put contacts like that on the Pre. I guess AT&T is different.

I just got my Pre Plus unlocked working on the Rogers network in Canada. I'm liking it a lot so far, just wish it had spell checker, and better auto correct.
    I was able to delete them off mine. Just tap the contact, the tap the upper right hand corner where it says contact, then delete contact.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I was able to delete them off mine. Just tap the contact, the tap the upper right hand corner where it says contact, then delete contact.
    wow i feel stupid. i think i tried this before, but it didn't work. when i checked just now to make sure, i could delete it that way. ::sigh:: thanks for the advice and i hope i gave a great display of my noob-ness lol.

on a side note, is there a way to change the tone/sound for receiving text messages and such?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast