Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong888 View Post
    wow i feel stupid. i think i tried this before, but it didn't work. when i checked just now to make sure, i could delete it that way. ::sigh:: thanks for the advice and i hope i gave a great display of my noob-ness lol.

on a side note, is there a way to change the tone/sound for receiving text messages and such?
    Yes go to Sounds & Ringtones, there should be an bar that says messages. Tap pn that and choose the sound or ringtone you want for text messages.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian student View Post
    I just got my Pre Plus unlocked working on the Rogers network in Canada. I'm liking it a lot so far, just wish it had spell checker, and better auto correct.
    If you get preware, there is a patch called 3000 Autoreplace words.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    If you get preware, there is a patch called 3000 Autoreplace words.
    I have tried loading before but doesn't work.

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:-- 0
    3 102k 3 3798 0 0 1262 0 0:01:23 0:00:03 0:01:20 2523
    44 102k 44 46934 0 0 10700 0 0:00:09 0:00:04 0:00:05 16273
    94 102k 94 99506 0 0 19953 0 0:00:05 0:00:04 0:00:01 28560
    100 102k 100 102k 0 0 19272 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 26572
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-3000-autoreplace-words.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- a/etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace 2009-12-13 22:24:09.542142924 -0600
    |+++ b/etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace 2009-12-13 22:24:36.523173698 -0600
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    44 out of 44 hunks ignored
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-3000-autoreplace-words from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-3000-autoreplace-words.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Sent from my Palm Pre on AT&T
    Treo 750 WM6.0/6.1/6.5 > AT&T Palm Pre > Plus Treo 750 | WM 6.1
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Which one did you buy?
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHNSTN00 View Post
    I have tried loading before but doesn't work.
    I wish I could help you with that, but I'm not a dev. If you post that error log here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html you should be able to get the help you need.

Greetings all! Just got mine in today. Picked it up at best buy so I could get the best buy protection plan (i work for best buy)- decided it was worth it after reading all the hardware complaints - but pricematched walmart for a grand total of $0 after contract! Very exited to be free of iphone tyranny. Already glad about the switch. Thanks for all the great info and helping me make the switch
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    What a great thread!

I was first in line at my local AT&T store, found nothing Palm-related on display, and clueless sales drones who didn't know:

1. The Pre was for sale today.
    2. A Touchstone (huh? what's that?) is included. (They had none in stock. Great).
    3. The $100 rebate was available.

They shipped the TS for free, and then I ran into another "lack of support" issue. I text chatted with AT&T support about needing the special Touchstone inductive back cover. Again, a resounding "HUH?" was the result!

Their website clearly states the cover was a separate purchase, and needed. I checked in with my Palm contacts, and it took them a while to find the answer. In the meantime, I had already ordered the back from Palm's Store...

The TS arrived, and out of curiosity I placed my Pre Plus on it. "Bazinga!" It was grabbed by the dock, and started charging! <sigh> (I later was told by Palm techs that the special cover is included with the VZW and AT&T Pre Plus).

Love the phone so far! I have seen that "beat down" look from some iPhone users when I demo it for them <evil laugh>

I have several of the links open now from the first two threads and am looking forward to learning more about the phone!

WyreNut
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    What a great thread!

I was first in line at my local AT&T store, found nothing Palm-related on display, and clueless sales drones who didn't know:

2. A Touchstone (huh? what's that?) is included. (They had none in stock. Great).

They shipped the TS for free, and then I ran into another "lack of support" issue. I text chatted with AT&T support about needing the special Touchstone inductive back cover. Again, a resounding "HUH?" was the result!

Their website clearly states the cover was a separate purchase, and needed. I checked in with my Palm contacts, and it took them a while to find the answer. In the meantime, I had already ordered the back from Palm's Store...

The TS arrived, and out of curiosity I placed my Pre Plus on it. "Bazinga!" It was grabbed by the dock, and started charging! <sigh> (I later was told by Palm techs that the special cover is included with the VZW and AT&T Pre Plus).

Love the phone so far! I have seen that "beat down" look from some iPhone users when I demo it for them <evil laugh>

I have several of the links open now from the first two threads and am looking forward to learning more about the phone!

WyreNut
    Thanks for sharing your experience so far. I hope you take full advantage of the Pre's capabilities to really experience the power of webOS and what a great device the Pre is. In the meantime welcome and feel free to ask questions or reach out for help if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by WyreNut View Post
    What a great thread!

WyreNut
    I went into my At&t store yesterday to buy the pre. The reps are clearly clueless and only know how to push iPhone sales. I asked for the pre and they were trying to sell me an iphone. Im a blackberry bold user and I wanted a phone that can do a little more. I purchased the phone and the guy said they were running a promotion, so he tried selling me a car charger and a case for 70 bucks and I get the touchstone free. I said the promotion states the touchstone charger was free anyway. He went to verify this with manager, both were clueless. So he finally scanned the charger and it said promotion free with palm. Then he tried to set my phone up, he didn't even know how to go back. I said give me the phone and walked out. They clearly need to learn more than the iphone.
    @berdinkerdickle Great links on the first page.

I've had my Pre Plus for about 3 weeks and it has been great. I'm eager to learn more tips & tricks of webOS so I finally decided to join the forums (i've been lurking for all that time, lol).
  12.    #32  
    If you have a new Pixi Plus and are looking for wallpaper you can find some here: Free Palm Pixi Plus Wallpapers - mobile9

Hey just wanted to say thanks to all the folks on here who post useful information as well as the hardworking devs who have done so much to make the 2+ weeks I have had my Pre Plus the best mobile phone experience I have ever had!

I have lurked this forum for over a year on and off, waiting for AT&T to offer a new Palm device as I was so attached to the older ones I had used (Zire, 650, 680) and I wanted to get all the new information I could. I have been continually impressed with the patience and courtesy the mods and senior posters show to the newbies here. The enthusiastic community is a great asset for Palm (well, HP now, I guess) and I sincerely hope they continue to support the homebrew/tweaking community that believes in their product so passionately.

The first day I brought my Pre home I thought that it was the first device I have ever used that could ACCURATELY be described as "magical" or "revolutionary". Now I look forward to entering the discourse here on Precentral (or at least begging for help from time to time lol).

thanks again for a great resource.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I suppose this post can fit here. I did just buy an AT&T Pixi Plus on Friday, though I don't use AT&T.

I've had my Sprint Palm Pre for 9 months. I'm going to travel to Australia in a few months, and I was thinking of what phone to use when I buy a sim to use over there, and it dawned on me that I could still use WebOS, and I could try out the other form factor too. I must be a WebOS freak.

I bought the phone on Craigslist and played with it that night using Meta Doctor, but I just couldn't get it to complete setting up a profile over wifi. Yesterday, I borrowed a friend's AT&T sim and set up a new profile. I also got her to call to request an unlock code. They couldn't seem to find one right away and opened a case for her. They should have an unlock code by... June 28. If not, I can always pay for one through eBay or something. Interesting note: I seem to have inherited the contacts that were on her sim.

I went to an AT&T store and saw a few people looking at a Pre. They didn't have a Pix on display. I explained to an AT&T person that I was looking for a charging back for my Pixi, but she seemed really confused. She thought I wanted a charger, then looked it up and said, "You can order one, but they cost $50." For a back? No, she thought I wanted a Touchstone. I already have four Touchstones, heh. I finally gave up and went to a Verizon store, and they knew just what I wanted and sold me one.

I have it set up pretty much how I want it, except for the unlocking. My trip to Melbourne will be in September, for the World Science Fiction Convention (AussieCon4 :: Home). I have convinced myself that I can either sell the Pixi after my trip in September, or keep it for other vacations and possibly start developing apps.

I loaded up the apps I use the most, and paid again for LJ for WebOS, Wobble Words, and Tweed. I still love my Pre, but the Pixi Plus is really cute too...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I just got my Pre Plus two days ago, and I'm absolutely in love. I'll admit, when I saw that AT&T was releasing an HTC Aria, I was hesitant. In the end, though, webOS won out. I also love the way Palm supports open source editing.

So far, I love the phone. All the updates and patches I've put on it are just great, and improve what was already and incredible experience. I'll be happy to have this for the next two years.
    I have had my pre for about a week and love it! Call quality has been awesome with zero dropped calls and great audio quality. Webos is the best as far as user experience is concerned. My wife has an iPhone 3gs and she asked me why I got such a crappy phone, wish I had a picture of her jaw on the floor when she saw the brilliance that is webos, Go Palm!
    Hello guys !!

I had a Pre with my local carrier (Telcel Mexico) but i broke the screen ...
    Now a girl is helping me getting a Pre+ from ATT , but im wondering whether it is possible to use it or not with my sim card here in Mexico...
    The bands are the same for 3G and GSM , is it enough to compare this in order to say that it is possible to buy it, unlock it here and use it????
    Have you heard some other experiences ? plis give me a hand on this, cause i love WebOS, but want more storage and speed with the Pre+ )

See you !!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I've been lurking on precentral (not so much the forums) ever since the pre was released and finally bit the bullet a week ago and got one to upgrade my treo 680. REALLY hard decision on pre plus vs. getting the samsung captivate.

I'm nervous about how long the slider will last after all the original sprint pre issues...but didn't purchase insurance. Also annoyed about some 'missing' features (i.e. voice dial) but hopeful they come out in future updates.

I had to fight with palm's data transfer assistant for about 3 solid days , totally messing up my 680 in the process before getting it all straightened out and figuring out how to transfer my data (apparently dual syncing my 680 and zodiac did a number on my databases , though everything seemed to display fine in both devices and in palm desktop)

The ATT crowd seems pretty thin...the forums definitely seem to be dominated by sprint owners. But I'm psyched to see how active the community is! And I love to tinker with my phone. Just really going to miss some of those old palmos apps....
    Quote Originally Posted by dreDREb13 View Post
    I just got my Pre Plus two days ago, and I'm absolutely in love. I'll admit, when I saw that AT&T was releasing an HTC Aria, I was hesitant. In the end, though, webOS won out. I also love the way Palm supports open source editing.
    I've had my Pre for three weeks yesterday and love it!

I also looked at the HTC Aria but I just wasn't feeling the phone.

This site has been an awesome source of information already and I hope to learn more as time goes on.

I did have a question which I googled but found no useful information on.

Is it possible to "lock" a text message so it can't accidently be deleted?

If anyone knows and can tell me how I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    I just noticed this section of the forums (was mainly on the Pre section) and figured I'd check in.

Retired my treo680 and got the Pre+ on launch day at big blue. Even got an extra $50 bucks off since it had been 4 years since my last upgrade (I was quite satisfied with the Treo, but it was showing it's age and webOS is divine).

The homebrew community has made it an even more amazing device. Might even start developing apps for it in the near future.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast