1.    #1  
    Been having lots of speaker volume problems recently. Started with not being able to hear incoming calls through speaker, although I could hear mp3s with the earphones plugged in. Thought it might be the dreaded "stuck in headset mode" bug, so tried some of the solutions on the forum, without any success.

Yesterday, I noticed that the mp3s were now playing very quietly and today I nearly didn't get up for work because the alarm decided it would whisper at 6am this morning instead of its usual loud alarm call!

Fairly certain I'm going to have to send my pre back, but I'm not sure what I can do about my downloaded apps. Most are free preware apps, but I have over a hundred now (plus some patches) so is there a way for me to back these up and restore them to a new pre rather than download all over again?

Thanks very much
    u need Preware. Do you have that? There are two apps in there that will do the job. One is called save/restore (which I have used). There is another one that is called "backup" or something like that (which I haven't tried yet)...
    Essentially you go into Preware, scroll down and go to the 'Save Package List' then update it.
    Then go to Save/Restore and backup Preware along with anything else. Pull the Save/Restore file off your USB to PC just in case. Then after Doctoring or whatever, install Preware and Save/Restore. Go into Save/Restore and 'Restore' Preware. Then go back to Preware to your saved package list and select install all or do them individually.

I actually just did a full doctor on my device yesterday, I was even able to use 'Pre Backup Utility' which backed up and restored my text messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Essentially you go into Preware, scroll down and go to the 'Save Package List' then update it.
    Then go to Save/Restore and backup Preware along with anything else. Pull the Save/Restore file off your USB to PC just in case. Then after Doctoring or whatever, install Preware and Save/Restore. Go into Save/Restore and 'Restore' Preware. Then go back to Preware to your saved package list and select install all or do them individually.

I actually just did a full doctor on my device yesterday, I was even able to use 'Pre Backup Utility' which backed up and restored my text messages.
    that works for apps and patches, but you need backup/restore etc to back up certain app data...
  5.    #5  

Thanks for that, sounds great. I'll have a trial run tonight and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that works for apps and patches, but you need backup/restore etc to back up certain app data...
    Yes I agree and I think my explanation was fairly clear.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Thanks for the warning, I'll bear that in mind!