Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My bathroom wall socket went on the blink and because of work hours have not been home long enough to have an electrician in for repairs. The mirror really helps in shaving (in a room with no other mirror). Ahh, the versatility of a Pre!!
    Except for the fact that your face ends up looking like this:

I suppose you have the homebrew torch app so you can shave in the dark? That's pretty cool. You could also get an electric (battery-powered) shaver and shave by feel instead of sight. That's what I do.
    i love the mirror. best for seeing if there's stuff in your teeth after a business lunch.
    I love the mirror. It's great for a quick face check; to entertain my 3 month old while I'm shooting video of him; even for an angle view when I'm doing a quick repair of something. I'm honestly surprised at how often I use it.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Am i the only one who uses it for its (i think) intended purpose, to make sure your in the pic when taking self pics????
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Can't really say I'm overly fond of taking pictures of myself.
    tend to take self pics of me and my girl when we go somewhere we've never been....or i sneak up on her and snatch pics when shes not expecting it....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Am i the only one who uses it for its (i think) intended purpose, to make sure your in the pic when taking self pics????
    How do you control it to take pictures when the display is facing away from yourself? I tried one day and couldn't do it because of the LCD only capture shutter button. I kept hitting everything but that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tercero12 View Post
    I suppose you have the homebrew torch app so you can shave in the dark? That's pretty cool. You could also get an electric (battery-powered) shaver and shave by feel instead of sight. That's what I do.
    Heh, I never thought of that -- I just tried the flashlight with the mirror and it works great! Looks like I need to whiten my teeth again
    Quote Originally Posted by omeyga View Post
    How do you control it to take pictures when the display is facing away from yourself? I tried one day and couldn't do it because of the LCD only capture shutter button. I kept hitting everything but that.
    There's a patch for that!

There's one called "Capture with all keys" and "Capture with Volume Keys"

I've tried Capture with all keys but I had to uninstall it because when you swipe to minimize the window it takes a picture, which was pretty annoying. The Volume key one seems like a solid bet, though.

Hey a few whiners said the phone was too sharp at the end of the keyboard, you could use it to shave with, an all in one travel pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    There's a patch for that!

There's one called "Capture with all keys" and "Capture with Volume Keys"
    Even without the patch, the spacebar will snap the picture. That's what I use.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Hey a few whiners said the phone was too sharp at the end of the keyboard, you could use it to shave with, an all in one travel pack.
    Careful! If it gets a reputation as a razor blade, then we may not be able to bring it onto an airplane unless it's in a checked bag!
    Twitter: dullgeek
    When coupled with one of the use the LED as a Flashlight patches, the mirror comes in pretty handy for looking at hard to reach pieces of equipment. Examples include poking around the back of your still running computer without accidentally knocking out the power cord or figuring out which of the half-dozen or so kinds of DVI connectors the monitors on sale at your Staples or Best Buy have.
    Hey the mirror is great if you open the camera app, then hold it up for a friend to look at themselves in the mirror then you push the space bar... gets a great pic everytime, and you dont even have to tell them cuz you emailed/sms it to them and all their friends instantly! Love this PRE!
    Thanks! I liked the idea of a lighted compact mirror. lol

I just downloaded the free "Light My Way Beta" from Preware and love the various colors and fireplace!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I found out that my friends love to use my mirror when they want to put on make up! I really need to get some more guy friends... Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProParkour View Post
    I found out that my friends love to use my mirror when they want to put on make up! I really need to get some more guy friends... Haha.
    Lol, you don't sound like a "pink" type, but I got my flashlight color in PINK.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Even without the patch, the spacebar will snap the picture. That's what I use.
    Yes yes yes that's all I ever use is the space bar. As soon as I go into the camera first thing I do is open the slider. You have the most control when using the space bar.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast