Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yesterday, my girl and I were driving and this guy cut me off almost causing an accident. I proceeded to get my Pre Video Recorder ready and started recording behind the truck of the guy that cut me off just in case he did more.
    I started recording and drove by him clearly showing him I was recording him and his girl. He gave me the finger and then got in front of me and threw something out of his driver side window (a rock of some sort) that just missed my car. I then drove next to him still recording, and he gave the universal sign of having a gun and shooting me with his fingers. I was so happy I got it all on video. He then got off the highway, and I stopped recording. The recording was 2 minutes long and when I stopped it, I just got that circle in the middle that the Pre was working and it didn't stop. After some time, I had access to the video and it only recorded 32 seconds of the 2 minutes! I got nothing that I could have used if I needed this video as proof.

Is anyone else having glitches with their Video recording still? I thought these glitches were fixed with the latest update. Oh by the way, I recorded a video later that day of just random things for 2 minutes and it played fine!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I apologize for all the bad and crappy drivers out there. I can honestly say though I have noticed a time glitch, but a click there whatever i recorded, i play back sometimes it kinda freezes a bit n than will continue.. im like ok this isnt a youtube vid that needs to load.
    You may want to evaluate why you are harassing someone who has already shown a lack of good judgment. You have nothing to gain by your antagonistic behavior and every thing to lose. You are not the driving etiquette police.
    Video recording has always been glitchy for me. Sometimes smooth. Other times, glitches and freezes in the final recording all over the place. It doesn't matter whether you have anything else open or not.

Half-baked feature at this point.
    try copying the video to a PC and then see if there is more video. I have made several videos of 4+ minutes at concerts, without an issue. Also, are you on Sprint or do you have a Pre+ ? I have Pre+ and the extra memory could be a factor. Have you tried taking another video since then? It's always possible that you somehow hit the stop button (spacebar, etc) and stopped recording.

But, I have also done long videos on our digital camera (1yr old, top-end canon,) and the camera sometimes doesn't show the clip in the list, or only plays a few seconds. But, it's all in the memory card, and can all be viewed once I've transferred it to a PC.

Hopefully that will give you some ideas to troubleshoot.
    My mother's Sprint Pre had a problem like that. I got the Restart scheduler on board and things have seemed to be better.

@OP, how often do you reboot your pre? Also any specific patches installed?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I started recording and drove by him clearly showing him I was recording him and his girl.
    Very dangerous. How would he know that you were "clearly showing him [that you were] recording him"?

To him you were hold up a black object, certainly didn't look like a video camera, but also wouldn't look like a gun, this is just asking for trouble.

The best bet would have just to get a license plate number and description of the vehicle and driver, call 911 and report your location, your description of the event (him throwing something out of his window at you), and let the authorities deal with it.

While the video, if you can recover it, may show what he did, it may also show what you did and pulling up beside him may appear to be aggressive driving and result in your own ticket.
  8.    #8  
    I did record another video later that day for 2 minutes and it had no problems during playback. I haven't tried hooking it up to the computer to see it the rest of the video is there though. And I do have many patches installed, but just recently doctored the phone (last week). I do have the patch that allows for LED flash to work. Now that I think about it, I did have my Navigation running and the music player. I bet that's the reason for the problem. I'm about to hook up the Pre to the computer and see if the rest of the video exists in there, although I doubt it.

Thanks for the advice.
    Yeah I had a problem like that too. And I'm on a Sprint phone. Um, maybe happened once or twice. But I usually get pixel glitches now mainly. Freezing happens rarely. I think the problem lies with the Sprint Pre phones. I hear more problems with Sprint phones rather than the Pluses... Ugh

I wanna Pre II plz
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    You may want to evaluate why you are harassing someone who has already shown a lack of good judgment. You have nothing to gain by your antagonistic behavior and every thing to lose. You are not the driving etiquette police.
    haha, seriously, love that the guy was driving recklessly and video recording is seen as a safe way of proving it. while you're at it, make sure to text the cops so they know!
    Did you have an overclocking patch installed? The older ones caused problems..

PS, ignore these morons in the thread that are spouting off nothing helpful to your question.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I have had tons of problems with the video recording. A few days ago I took about a 2 minute video and the entire video's audio was out of sync. I restart my Pre everyday, if not more than once a day.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    doing this to someone who already displayed that he is unstable shows you are not to smart. And also shows you have just as many issues as the person you are trying to film,,on the road,,with yr phone.
    i havent had any problems with video recording; used to have problems with super pre kernal, but not i got the latest uberkernal and its all good
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

yeah karma telling you to mind your bizz and stop trying to be a do gooder.. What if while you were recording you hit someone
    This doesn't sound like you handled the situation well. Although it makes me angry when people cut me off, I don't get beside them and start recording them with my phone. Especially if they threw something at my car. I would most likely write down the license plate number and either call the police or just slow down and make sure I'm out of his way.

Regardless, I've only had problems starting up the video recording in which the video recording lags in the beginning. It seems like the camera/video app has alot of lag problems when it's first opened.
  17.    #17  
    The way I justify it is that if someone is a nutcase and is on the road, I feel recording his actions is just a common sense thing to do. What if he cut someone else off, and then took out a gun and shot someone, and no one had this on video? Is it really that hard to hold your phone in one hand and drive with the other? I didn't say I was staring at the video screen making sure i was capturing the most amazing shot that a movie director would kill for! My eyes were on the road, knowing that what i was recording was in the view finder. A little practice will show that making a recording does not take that much work or concentration.

You people who say let the psycho just drive and cause chaos on the road should be left alone and not exposed are morons. If they know they are being recorded, most sane people will calm down and realize they are going to lose if brought to court. If they continue being psychotic, then they should be in a mental ward and exposed. There are too many people out there who shouldn't even have a license. To the fellow Pre owners and anyone else out there who cares and has video capabilities on their phones; let's get these drivers one at a time!

Remember the last Seinfeld Episode?
    I understand why you want to bring bad drivers down. But the problem is that if there was a third person recording you, then the judge would hold you guilty of dangerous driving also.

In answer to your question yes, my video recorder has failed to record correctly a number of times. It does seem to be a common issue (standard kernel, no overclock patch).
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    The way I justify it is that if someone is a nutcase and is on the road, I feel recording his actions is just a common sense thing to do. What if he cut someone else off, and then took out a gun and shot someone, and no one had this on video? Is it really that hard to hold your phone in one hand and drive with the other? I didn't say I was staring at the video screen making sure i was capturing the most amazing shot that a movie director would kill for! My eyes were on the road, knowing that what i was recording was in the view finder. A little practice will show that making a recording does not take that much work or concentration.

You people who say let the psycho just drive and cause chaos on the road should be left alone and not exposed are morons. If they know they are being recorded, most sane people will calm down and realize they are going to lose if brought to court. If they continue being psychotic, then they should be in a mental ward and exposed. There are too many people out there who shouldn't even have a license. To the fellow Pre owners and anyone else out there who cares and has video capabilities on their phones; let's get these drivers one at a time!

Remember the last Seinfeld Episode?

We aren't morons, we just accept the fact that there are bad drivers...you cant fix it. stop trying to play big brother, id rather deal with a couple of bad drivers than someone who's going out of their way to tattle on everyone. Im sure you've never done anything even remotely illegal, but how would you like some annoying psycho weasel recording your every move because he/she doesn't like it. those types are the worst kind of people...deal with your own problems before nosing into everyone's business.

oh yeah, and pre rules!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by loserdanny View Post

We aren't morons, we just accept the fact that there are bad drivers...you cant fix it. stop trying to play big brother, id rather deal with a couple of bad drivers than someone who's going out of their way to tattle on everyone. Im sure you've never done anything even remotely illegal, but how would you like some annoying psycho weasel recording your every move because he/she doesn't like it. those types are the worst kind of people...deal with your own problems before nosing into everyone's business.

oh yeah, and pre rules!
    Yes, Pre Rules! And when someone gives the universal sign that they are going to shoot you, I will record every time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast