Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    no, he shouldnt threaten you, but he didnt cut you off, then pretend to "shoot" you...he cut you off, then you chased him down, recorded him, he saw you and pretended to "shoot" you. look, not saying what the guy did was right, but you provoked him. Also, sounds like you're pretty pi$$ed, so i'm assuming the version of the story is skewed to make you seem completely in the right. i mean, who the hell has a rock in their car to throw at someone? Just use the video recording for what it was made for...shooting home videos.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/25/2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Let's keep it family friendly
    Alright guys, let's keep this thread on track. It's about video recording, not driving skills.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Alright guys, let's keep this thread on track. It's about video recording, not driving skills.
    Sorry. I disagree. The OP could have just stated that he was trying to make a vid and recorded for 5 mins, but only captured 30 secs. Instead, he went into great detail about the "nutcase" (irony) with "reckless driving" (irony II). This made the OP as much about 'judgment' as 'video recording issues'
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Sorry. I disagree. The OP could have just stated that he was trying to make a vid and recorded for 5 mins, but only captured 30 secs. Instead, he went into great detail about the "nutcase" (irony) with "reckless driving" (irony II). This made the OP as much about 'judgment' as 'video recording issues'
    That's true, but there is a nugget there which makes it relevant to the Pre forum, which is why it has stayed here thus far. If no one has anything relevant to the Pre to say, then there isn't a purpose for this thread to exist in this forum.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I have had this problem before, usually on the second video I try taking on the same sitting. Yesterday, while at an even my wife forgot a new DVD for the Camcorder. It was up to the Pre. I recorded 2 clips of about 15 minutes and it seems to have worked. The Pre saved the day! I shut the app and re-opened it between clips.

On a related note, what is the best way to put the clip on a DVD so it can be played in a standard player?
    Quote Originally Posted by sweaner View Post
    I have had this problem before, usually on the second video I try taking on the same sitting. Yesterday, while at an even my wife forgot a new DVD for the Camcorder. It was up to the Pre. I recorded 2 clips of about 15 minutes and it seems to have worked. The Pre saved the day! I shut the app and re-opened it between clips.

On a related note, what is the best way to put the clip on a DVD so it can be played in a standard player?
    If you copy the clip to your PC, you can do it quickly with Windows Movie Maker... crappy program but it's free.

I use Pinnacle Studio, but it's expensive and way more than what you need for a simple DVD...
  7.    #27  
    Well, that's the beauty of Recording!! I was confident that 100% of all parties who saw the video would see that I did nothing wrong. As far as catching up to the guy, all I was doing was trying to get his license plate number where he then flipped my the bird.

I still don't see how taking a video while driving is bad as long as you are not looking at the screen and keeping your eyes on the road. Is that really that hard for you guys to do?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    someone just close it
  9.    #29  
    Please. This has taken a turn for the worse, due to people who don't seem to stay on topic and like to offer opinions that lead to tangential discrepancies. These are the people who should be put on their own island in the middle of the arctic. Thanks be to liz-ord.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    well first off its illegal to drive distracted by a mobile phone. Second, you are just as guilty by speeding to catch this person. You need to stop being super trooper. If I ever see you driving down the road shooting video, I'm going to take a video of you, and call the police. Now see how stupid that sounds....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12