Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    Whenever I open the Updates app it shows the "Application updates are now available." screen, but when I go to my apps in the App Catalog it doesn't show any available updates.

    Has anyone else been getting this and/or know what the cause is?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    I, too, am reliably getting this. What's interesting is that even in the light of the post below this one, the issue has persisted over a couple of doctorings now.
  3. #3  
    The issue is caused by an application that you had previously installed on the device (and probably don't anymore) that has since received an update.

    You can rectify this issue by reinstalling said application and updating it. If you would like to PM your palm profile email address I can look to see if I can find the offending application and let you know which one needs updating to get rid of the "error."
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  4. #4  
    I had that once before. With me, it was an app I had removed earlier. It still had the record of my having it. I reinstalled it, and removed it and never got the message again.

    Inelligant , I admit. But it worked. Do you have any apps the were removed?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The issue is caused by an application that you had previously installed on the device (and probably don't anymore) that has since received an update.

    You can rectify this issue by reinstalling said application and updating it. If you would like to PM your palm profile email address I can look to see if I can find the offending application and let you know which one needs updating to get rid of the "error."
    This works if you know what the offending app is.. I've had this issue for months now and have never been able to figure out what app I used to have caused it. I've just learned to ignore it.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This works if you know what the offending app is.. I've had this issue for months now and have never been able to figure out what app I used to have caused it. I've just learned to ignore it.
    Send me a PM with your palm profile email address.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Send me a PM with your palm profile email address.
    Done
  8. #8  
    There is a patch in Preware for the launcher called advanced launcher options or something like that, install it, restart Luna and go into the launcher, click the top left of the screen and go into "advanced options" and rescan the applications and rescan fileindexer. It fixed the problem for me.
  9. #9  
    I tried the advanced options patch and rescaned and reindexed and it didn't fix the problem for me. I just ignore the update app because if there is a WebOS update I'm sure I'll hear about it here before I would stumble upon it.

    I just wish Palm would update the update app and make it easier to fix this problem.
  10. #10  
    Rise, thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The issue is caused by an application that you had previously installed on the device (and probably don't anymore) that has since received an update.

    You can rectify this issue by reinstalling said application and updating it. If you would like to PM your palm profile email address I can look to see if I can find the offending application and let you know which one needs updating to get rid of the "error."
    I think I found out what the culprit was for me - I've noticed that Preware, when scanning unknown packages during its start process, shows Nesem as one of the entries - but I don't have Nesem. I tried it out once last year, and maybe something got stuck.

    The thing is that I reinstalled Nesem, rebooted, uninstalled it, and rebooted again -- and the error still persists. Really a glitch more than an error, but it's one of those silly things that get to you (or me, rather).

    Any ideas? I have doctored a couple times and the problem always persisted. Can I do anything to make this go away?
  11. #11  
    As mentioned above, I've had the same issue for awhile. Turns out that I have one app still showing in my Palm Profile that I haven't had on my device for a long time. It was the GDial Pro app, but since that isn't available anymore I can't install and uninstall it again.
    Doctoring is a waste of time since the issue is within your Palm Profile and not on the device. This error really isn't causing any issues at all outside of being slightly annoying. So I just left it and don't worry about it at all. I never use my Update app anyway. Every so often I will just click on the shopping cart icon in the App Catalog and any updates needed will show there.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The issue is caused by an application that you had previously installed on the device (and probably don't anymore) that has since received an update.

    You can rectify this issue by reinstalling said application and updating it. If you would like to PM your palm profile email address I can look to see if I can find the offending application and let you know which one needs updating to get rid of the "error."
    Worked for me. Thanks HardBeatZ!
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

  13. rebirth24's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #13  
    Tried sending a PM to HardBeatZ but got no response. Anyone else able to track what Apps have been installed? Ive "tried" so many that I don't think I can pinpoint what exactly needs to get reinstalled/removed in order to resolve this.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    Tried sending a PM to HardBeatZ but got no response. Anyone else able to track what Apps have been installed? Ive "tried" so many that I don't think I can pinpoint what exactly needs to get reinstalled/removed in order to resolve this.
    You can use Internalz file manager (or probably hook up your Pre to your PC via USB) and check out the following path which lists directories of the apps that you have installed.

    Maybe you might find "leftovers" of something you had before. If so, you try deleting the leftover files.

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/

    Just to add, this problem has been around for awhile, Palm should have squashed it by now.
  15. rebirth24's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #15  
    Hmm tried to install Internalz and it appeared to install but dont see it anywhere on my Pre. I have been away from the "scene" for a while so not sure if I did things correctly. Is there a program (PC) for direct access to the file structure while in dev mode?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    Hmm tried to install Internalz and it appeared to install but dont see it anywhere on my Pre. I have been away from the "scene" for a while so not sure if I did things correctly. Is there a program (PC) for direct access to the file structure while in dev mode?
    You also need the filemgr service installed.

    Then do a luna restart.
  17. rebirth24's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #17  
    Installed WebOS Quick Install and did the following:

    Dev Mode
    Connect Pre
    Downloaded FileMgr Service
    Downloaded Internalz
    Click Install
    Eject
    Reboot

    And... nothing. Don't see Internalz anywhere on the Pre. Am I supposed to be at a certain rev level on the Pre for this to work?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    You can use Internalz file manager (or probably hook up your Pre to your PC via USB) and check out the following path which lists directories of the apps that you have installed.

    Maybe you might find "leftovers" of something you had before. If so, you try deleting the leftover files.

    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/

    Just to add, this problem has been around for awhile, Palm should have squashed it by now.
    Found a bunch of "leftovers" and removed the directories, but still get the Apps update message. Do you need to restart or is the list of apps stored in a DB someplace?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    Found a bunch of "leftovers" and removed the directories, but still get the Apps update message. Do you need to restart or is the list of apps stored in a DB someplace?
    I would try restarting the Pre and also turn off backup, select the option of "turn off and erase backup" and then turn backup back on and perform a manual backup.

    Once that is done, try the app update again.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
    Installed WebOS Quick Install and did the following:

    Dev Mode
    Connect Pre
    Downloaded FileMgr Service
    Downloaded Internalz
    Click Install
    Eject
    Reboot

    And... nothing. Don't see Internalz anywhere on the Pre. Am I supposed to be at a certain rev level on the Pre for this to work?
    Try uninstalling FileMgr Service and Internalz. Then install FileMgr Service first, and then Internalz after that. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

    Are you using Preware? You could try installing from there also.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions