1.    #1  
    ...How do you turn off that ring that sounds every time someone connects or disconnects from the Mobile Hotspot? I've gone through just about every setting menu I can find to see if there's a way to disable it and can't seem to find one. Please help!
    I don't think you can.
    Did some looking myself, and i didnt see the option. althou a simple resolution would be to put the phone on silent (button on the top).

Might not be the answer you were looking for but hope that helps.
    turn down the system sound in sounds/ringtone
    Good question. The only "dumb" thing you did was that you didn't go ahead and put the question in the thread title.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    did you turn the ringer switch to mute? That should mute everything but alarms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you turn the ringer switch to mute? That should mute everything but alarms.
    Wrong, Try playing a game with the ringer switch on mute, sound still plays.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Wrong, Try playing a game with the ringer switch on mute, sound still plays.
    is he asking about a game? If the mute switch doesn't work to suppress hot spot noises, then turning the volume to zero always works (even for the alarm clock...)
    Not only games some apps with sound still play if the ringer switch is off... But yeah for mobile hotspot the mute switch works. I'm sure someone could make a patch for the sound to stay off.
  10. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    There's also a patch for "Really Silent Ringer Switch" that will mute everything with switch off. I think Jason wrote it.
    Jason is awesome!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for all the responses! I was hoping there was a way to make sure I hear incoming calls, etc., but I guess not.