1.    #1  
    my phone is doing some funny stuff so I may try docotring for the first time. I understand that patches I've installed will be lost. Will official apps (from the catalog) be lost? Will I have to redownload them? Will my homebrew apps be lost? Will the uberkernal and govnah apps be lost? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by enzie5454 View Post
    my phone is doing some funny stuff so I may try docotring for the first time. I understand that patches I've installed will be lost. Will official apps (from the catalog) be lost? Will I have to redownload them? Will my homebrew apps be lost? Will the uberkernal and govnah apps be lost? Thanks in advance.
    Doctoring will take your phone back to it's 'factory' state. Everything will be wiped out from the device (except the USB files you may have, I believe). All of your paid apps, contacts, etc.. will be restored from your Palm Profile. You will have to reinstall all patches and Homebrew apps though. There is an app called Save/Restore which will help you maintain a lot of your app histories though. You will have to re-enter your email passwords after too, so have those handy.

What is your device doing that is causing you to look at the Doctor?
    I would reccomend trying the Webos repair utility
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    It might fix it and you won't lose your stuff.

and i if it doesn't work then just doctor it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyo View Post
    I would reccomend trying the Webos repair utility
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    It might fix it and you won't lose your stuff.

and i if it doesn't work then just doctor it.
    I totally agree
    Doctoring will not remove some patches. I have had that problem before. The only way to fully remove patches is to do a full erase.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  6.    #6  
    thanks! Seems like a lot of work but it may be worth it.

here's the problem: whenever I do any kind of restart (luna, battery pull, etc.) my launcher pages reset from 5 to the factory 3. All of my apps end up moving to the first page. It takes forever to rearrange them. Any advice? Thanks.
    Hmmm...have you tried removing the patch and then reinstalling it? Also after you adjust your number of pages, go ahead and do a force backup of your Palm profile.

8.    #8  
    I've had the patch for awhile. It started resetting today. How do I do a force backup?
    I've had the patch for awhile. It started resetting today. How do I do a force backup?
    Open up your app launcher and there is a Backup App. It is normally on the last page on a stock Pre. It looks like two arrows facing each other. Open that up, and there will be a button at the bottom to backup now.

Use the Repair Utility, but first read the first page of posts HERE to see what the 2 settings will do for your phone. I would expect that this will help you out and fix the issues.
  11.    #11  
    thanks! Will give it a try!
  12.    #12  
    will the repair utility erase anything from my phone (homebrew apps, patches, etc.)?
    will the repair utility erase anything from my phone (homebrew apps, patches, etc.)?
    One setting will, and one setting will allow you to choose a course of action. Read the first page in the link I posted above and it will explain what the 2 settings do.
    i just doctored my phone - it deleted all my patches, appilcations, themes and music. =(

Granted, when i logged into my profile, the pre started downloading all my apps.