Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is it natural for the phone to overheat on the touchstone i am using the 720 overclock am i gonna have to turn it off the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by first_adam2k View Post
    is it natural for the phone to overheat on the touchstone i am using the 720 overclock am i gonna have to turn it off the patch.
    It is normal for the Pre to get warm on the Touchstone. I would recommend not running any apps that might add to that while the phone is charging. As long as it stays below 49C, you don't have to worry.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    mine got there me thinks at least 118f
  4. Xak
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    mine feels pretty "warm" while/after being on touchstone, but i don't have any overclocks...
    Yeah I noticed that charge on TS really make my Pre hot.

The question here is .. is it really save for Pre to keep charged on TS while we use it as mobile hotspot?

My friend sprint Pre "fried" because of using it as hotspot while charging on TS.

He is using it around 8 hours, and using outside fan as cooler, and still can't help resist the heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xak View Post
    mine feels pretty "warm" while/after being on touchstone, but i don't have any overclocks...
    That's normal, just follow the advice I posted above.

7.    #7  
    i have nothing running in the background so any ideas would be nice i would like to keep the speed though. On an unrelated note when i got my fire sale ts kit the guy at radio shack was a jerk and said palm is no more i hate it when people give bad info out. Theres a dif between getting bought and going out of the market as it where.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/26/2010 at 06:59 PM.
    I don't overclock mine & after adding the temp app/patch, it told me it was getting too hot while on the touchstone. I forgot to use brightness unlink-to turn the screen off. As long as I have the screen off using BU, I don't have a problem.
    If I'm using my TS in the car and notice the Pre getting really hot, I just unplug the cable from the from the back of the TS for a little while and everything gets back to normal, or I'll keep the Pre on the TS and plug the cable in the Pre's Charger port. I know it defeats the purpose of the TS, but not in my case as it is in a location that is perfect for viewing while driving, especially with Navigation.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    If I'm using my TS in the car and notice the Pre getting really hot, I just unplug the cable from the from the back of the TS for a little while and everything gets back to normal, or I'll keep the Pre on the TS and plug the cable in the Pre's Charger port. I know it defeats the purpose of the TS, but not in my case as it is in a location that is perfect for viewing while driving, especially with Navigation.
    i use a touchstone in the car -- run music player remix all of the time and it doesn't get too hot but if i add a gps ap like trapster to the equation it can heat up fairly quickly so i installed the touchstone above the vent to cool it -- at home i set it on the touchstone and it will get hot if i have the wifi and other things on -- data transfer heats the phone up quickly --i use mode switcher to turn off all radios so that i get no calls or texts at night. this gets rid of all heating problems there -- i have also heard that if you place the phone on the TS with it open it will disipate heat quicker --do not do this in the car because if it falls off of the TS it might be more prone to a crack like mine has i am using the uber kernel with cpuscaler ultimate set at 500- 800 ondemand scaling this also believe it or not has reduced heating issues
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    yeah that's what happened to me last night. I had it on the TS and was browsing Precentral and my Device warning went off. I have the OC kernel too but only have it set to 600 mhz. I really don't want to get a new one this is about the nicest one I have gotten.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    A couple of factors that contribute to the touchstone heat issue, especially if you are using it in the car.

1. The Pre will really heat up if it has to keep searching for a signal. So if you are driving around and hitting areas of spotty coverage, it will cause it to heat up fast.

2. Apps that pull lots of data or are CPU intensive. If I am on the Touchstone and I am running Pandora and Sprint Navigation simultaneously, it will get to egg frying temps quick.

3. Having the Pre not fully centered on the Touchstone. If the Pre is off kilter on the Touchstone while charging, it seems to make mine heat up even more. So while driving, periodically check the alignment of your Pre...as it is easy to get bumped around in a car/truck environment.

I usually set my Pre to stock speeds when in the car and on the Touchstone just to be safe.
    I've had the overheating issue as well on my AT&T Pre with the touchstone...even when I put the phone into Airplane mode at night. I have the latest UberKernel installed with Govnah using the 500/800 screenstate settings. I recently installed the temp warning patch/app to to let me know when the device was overheating...set it on the touchstone, and not to long after, started getting the warnings. Had to take it off and plug it in. Could be that my house was just too hot though, since I live in FL and my ac is broken...I'll give it another shot...hopefully it'll get better.
    I get a warning every 5 minutes while on touchstone, I use 800mhz and am planning on just going back to 500 really soon.

or if someone can lead me to a forum that I could make it go back down to 500mhz while charging??
    I have recently noticed my Pre feeling pretty hot when I take off the touchstone in the morning. Been like this for about a week now for unknown reasons. Today the temp was 113F and had the temp warning (patch) alert. I was overclocking and removed Uberkernel 800Mhz patch to troubleshoot, but no changes. I have about 25 patches and no theme. Not sure what else to to besides doctoring.
    I am running the Uber-Kernel set at "Conservative" with 550 minimum and 720 maximum and my Pre runs between 35 and 38 degrees while on my TS charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewakaMJ View Post
    I've had the overheating issue as well on my AT&T Pre with the touchstone...even when I put the phone into Airplane mode at night. I have the latest UberKernel installed with Govnah using the 500/800 screenstate settings. I recently installed the temp warning patch/app to to let me know when the device was overheating...set it on the touchstone, and not to long after, started getting the warnings. Had to take it off and plug it in. Could be that my house was just too hot though, since I live in FL and my ac is broken...I'll give it another shot...hopefully it'll get better.
    Try using the touchstone with the slider opened, the heat dissipates faster in this position.

Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Try using the touchstone with the slider opened, the heat dissipates faster in this position.
    That makes good sense to me. Presumably no impact on incoming calls? Still automatically in speaker mode when on the TS? Will have to check this out - frankly I had not thought of trying it.
    I did forget to mention that I switch the TS back cover with another one and it seems to be fine now, I have not seen any device warning notifications.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    you can manualy change profiles in govna to do this...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I get a warning every 5 minutes while on touchstone, I use 800mhz and am planning on just going back to 500 really soon.

or if someone can lead me to a forum that I could make it go back down to 500mhz while charging??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast