Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Why does the Pre still pull power from the touchstone after it's fully charged? It doesn't do that though the USB port after it hits full charge.
    Hey I have this same problem with my touchstone, so I compromised in my car and put it right in front of an A/C vent. Seems like an awesome solution, hopefully it'll keep it charging instead of discharging with SprintNav and Pandora running.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Now that the summer heat is upon us I am noticing that I am getting temp warnings (113-115 degrees) while just sitting on the Touchstone with nothing running. I knew this was coming as it would get to about 108 in the early spring.

I am currently using UberKernel at SS 500/720. Does this make a difference in heat when nothing is running?

Also, do the newer Kernels manage heat/usage better?

I am waiting for them to be avail via PW before I switch up.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Now that the summer heat is upon us I am noticing that I am getting temp warnings (113-115 degrees) while just sitting on the Touchstone with nothing running. I knew this was coming as it would get to about 108 in the early spring.

I am currently using UberKernel at SS 500/720. Does this make a difference in heat when nothing is running?

Also, do the newer Kernels manage heat/usage better?

I am waiting for them to be avail via PW before I switch up.. .
    I don't think the kernel is an issue, unless you are running any programs at the same time. Try using the TS with the slider opened.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I don't think the kernel is an issue, unless you are running any programs at the same time. Try using the TS with the slider opened.
    That's what i thought but wasn't 100% sure. I thought the stock way clocked it down to 125 when 'sleeping' and did not heat up as much but usage is the only way to heat it up right?
    I always leave it open and it is still getting too hot.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    I moved my Touchstone in my car to a vent mount. Keeps the Pre from getting to hot no matter what I am doing.

I still have temp issues with the Touchstones I have at my desk and next to my bed. I am going to play around with the Touchstone settings in Govnah to see if I can solve this.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I am going to play around with the Touchstone settings in Govnah to see if I can solve this.

You can not turn down the clock in Govnah to anything BELOW 500. I have tried and it will keep it at 500 no matter what the setting. (confirmed this with WebOSQuickInstall command line).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    You can not turn down the clock in Govnah to anything BELOW 500. I have tried and it will keep it at 500 no matter what the setting. (confirmed this with WebOSQuickInstall command line).
    Well that blows. Thanks for the info.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123