Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. zerohaste's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #41  
    Why does the Pre still pull power from the touchstone after it's fully charged? It doesn't do that though the USB port after it hits full charge.
  2. #42  
    Hey I have this same problem with my touchstone, so I compromised in my car and put it right in front of an A/C vent. Seems like an awesome solution, hopefully it'll keep it charging instead of discharging with SprintNav and Pandora running.
  3. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #43  
    Now that the summer heat is upon us I am noticing that I am getting temp warnings (113-115 degrees) while just sitting on the Touchstone with nothing running. I knew this was coming as it would get to about 108 in the early spring.

    I am currently using UberKernel at SS 500/720. Does this make a difference in heat when nothing is running?

    Also, do the newer Kernels manage heat/usage better?

    I am waiting for them to be avail via PW before I switch up.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Now that the summer heat is upon us I am noticing that I am getting temp warnings (113-115 degrees) while just sitting on the Touchstone with nothing running. I knew this was coming as it would get to about 108 in the early spring.

    I am currently using UberKernel at SS 500/720. Does this make a difference in heat when nothing is running?

    Also, do the newer Kernels manage heat/usage better?

    I am waiting for them to be avail via PW before I switch up.. .
    I don't think the kernel is an issue, unless you are running any programs at the same time. Try using the TS with the slider opened.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I don't think the kernel is an issue, unless you are running any programs at the same time. Try using the TS with the slider opened.
    That's what i thought but wasn't 100% sure. I thought the stock way clocked it down to 125 when 'sleeping' and did not heat up as much but usage is the only way to heat it up right?
    I always leave it open and it is still getting too hot.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
  6. #46  
    I moved my Touchstone in my car to a vent mount. Keeps the Pre from getting to hot no matter what I am doing.

    I still have temp issues with the Touchstones I have at my desk and next to my bed. I am going to play around with the Touchstone settings in Govnah to see if I can solve this.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  7. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I am going to play around with the Touchstone settings in Govnah to see if I can solve this.

    You can not turn down the clock in Govnah to anything BELOW 500. I have tried and it will keep it at 500 no matter what the setting. (confirmed this with WebOSQuickInstall command line).
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    You can not turn down the clock in Govnah to anything BELOW 500. I have tried and it will keep it at 500 no matter what the setting. (confirmed this with WebOSQuickInstall command line).
    Well that blows. Thanks for the info.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions