Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Last night my Pre - 2 weeks old - exhibited its first problem. When I click on the Launcher App button - the page GRAYS out - three tiny white dots appear above the Launch Icon (the Arrow) - and.....NOTHING happens.

It just stays like that, frozen - a gray screen - the Launcher doesn't launch.

Any ideas what is going on here? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

My Pre is a Sprint Pre - running OS 1.4.1

Hellllppppp!

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    and occasionally Guadalajara
    FrankenPre PRE 2 on Sprint (in USA)
    Original PRE on Telcel (en Mexico)
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!
    Restart your Pre. If that doesn't work, then Doctor it. Did you install any patches or modify it in any way?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Restart your Pre. If that doesn't work, then Doctor it. Did you install any patches or modify it in any way?
    I've restarted it several times with no visible results.

No kernel modifications at all. Installed one Patch - which adds a colored Battery percentage to the Launcher Bar. Installed several Apps too, from both the App store and Preware. Everything has been working splendidly until this weird deal last night.

And pardon the newb question but - I'm assuming I must run the Doctor App from WOSQI/Web OS Quick Install - since I can't access ANYthing from the Launcher now - is that right?

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon
    The Webdr that is downloaded with WebOS QI is the one you will use.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    try webos repair utility
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Okay. Used Web Doctor to wipe the phone/reinstall OS.

That worked. Signed in to my Pre Account, reestablished all my email accounts. That worked too though it's a pain (dowloading a hundred odd recent messages from my earthlink server, sigh).

Then restarted the phone and, yep, sure enough, the Launcher works again. NICE!

But now there's a new problem. I put the Pre into Developer Mode and reinstalled Preware. Started it up, it seemed to work fine. I started trying to download one or two Patches I need. It hung up during the Install. So I exited Preware, then restarted it....

Now, as I restart Preware, it gives me a solid PAGE of assorted ERROR messages. It finally loads - but now the PATCHES section of Preware is totally GRAYED - OUT, it won't let me access any of them.

Any ideas please?

Miguel

Miguel Tejada-Flores
    Somewhere in Oregon