1.    #1  
    wow,just did a webos doc on my pre and damn.. The phone back to original and I couldn't wait to add back all my patches/kernel mod. :-) Now that I've experience these added feature on my pre,dont think I could settle for anything less. What about you?
    not at all !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    yep. without all the mods it would be a centro, almost.
    I love the ability to easily mod my Pre. I could never go back to being "stock"...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yep. without all the mods it would be a centro, almost.
    lol :-)
    I was just thinking the same thing. Thank god for jason and the rest of the devs. For they are truly the ones behind this awesome phone.
    I ran my pre stock for awhile and even though it is a little weird knowing that a better phone is just a few patches away. I kinda like it though.
    I had to swap my Pre for a new one a couple months ago and felt a sense of urgency in getting my patches installed again. I couldn't get them installed fast enough! LOL Its just not the same device without my favorite patches.
    I've tried to go stock a couple of times, but in the end, I just can't live without my battery percent icon, virtual keyboard, and many other patches and kernel upgrade. plus, there is a fun factor with tinkering with it all the time.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyo View Post
    I ran my pre stock for awhile and even though it is a little weird knowing that a better phone is just a few patches away. I kinda like it though.
    My friend if stock pre is suffice for you then that's what you should stick with. Has for me.. Like the saying - once you go black you will never go back. Lmao!
    I had to doctor my phone recently while I was home from school for the weekend. I planned on putting preware back on right when I got back to school and realized I had forgotten the charger for my laptop (typical). I couldn't wait to get patches back on, stock webos is so meh in comparison to how my pre is with all of the patches. The ones I really need so I don't lose my insanity are 4x4 v3, reset page to middle, and reset scroll position. The glass effect launcher patch is also pretty crucial but is more form than function unlike the other ones, which help me a lot by bringing consistency and better organization in the launcher.
    I ran bone stock for a while. I kinda liked it. But eventually I gave in--had to try the Uber kernel. I ended up going back to the stock kernel because I didn't want to run 800MHz continuously and the scaling options weren't working on my phone. I still have a few patches though: browser multi-mod, landscape pdf, and that might be it. You have to hand it to Palm, if the platform wasn't so good, all the extra stuff would be a lot harder.
    Once you take the Red pill and go down the rabbit hole, there's no coming back.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    My friend if stock pre is suffice for you then that's what you should stick with. Has for me.. Like the saying - once you go black you will never go back. Lmao!
    Yea I ran patchless for about a week after 1.4.1.1 then needed something so I could only do with a patch (3G toggle). So i patched again. That would be my main patch.
    I have been running stock for three weeks or so now, maybe longer.

it's actually been a great experience. It happened because I needed a replacement from some abuse my pre took. But I haven't been forced back yet, and my pre runs very nice. I actually had only run a stock pre for a very short time prior to that.

I may put patches on in the near future, for tethering if anything, but so far so good.

the pre really is one of the most compitant, compelling and modern phones available, even without patches.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I only have 2 patches, and the uberkernel/govnah.

The 2 patches are 4x4 icons and the glass background to make it look nice.
    And without 800 + scaling, god knows what I would do.
  17. Xak
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    yeah, i just installed several for the first time - they're great!