1.    #1  
    Hey,

Not sure if this i normal or not as I usually dont put my Pre into USB mode that much, and it used to not do this in previous WebOS releases.

When I disconnect from USB mode the Pre sits at the PALM blinking screen forever...in fact most the time I have to press the Orange+Sym+R to reboot it in order for it to come back on.

Does everyone's Pre blink the PALM logo after disconnect, or anyone else heard of this problem?
    you are suppose to make a right click over the pre disk and choice eject to disconnect , maybe you disconnecting directly!
    My Pre blinks the Palm logo for about 15 seconds whenever I take it out of USB mode.

It really shouldn't hang for as long as you are describing though...
    As SISGO says, you should "eject" the Pre drive, don't use the windows "safe device removal", it doesn't work here
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    As SISGO says, you should "eject" the Pre drive, don't use the windows "safe device removal", it doesn't work here
    HERE IS THE ANSWER HOW TO DO IT RIGHT. - don't do safe removal of hardware. - INSTEAD OF IT GO TO My computer, right click on palm pre drive and choose - EJECT. Then your phone is back to life immediately and no any restarts! Try it!
    Same on a Mac--eject and it comes back immediately.
  7.    #7  
    THANKS!

yah previously I could just pull it out or eject hardware in windows and no biggie. But after tehy got rid of ITunes sync I think that changed. Tried it from the way you guys described and voila, piece of cake! Thanks to all for your input.
    It is still possible to sync with iTunes. You just need to down grade your version of iTunes to v9.0.1, which was the last version capable of syncing with the Pre.
    Also works on Linux btw, just press the little eject icon on Nautilus and you're good to go! (using Gnome)
    It does, but very quickly, like 5 seconds