Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think I made a big mistake hopefully I didn't do anything to serious!!! Well, I installed a theme via Preware. Didn't like it... Had no idea I was suppose to uninstall previous theme before going to a new one. Now I have all themes removed and all my icons are stuck as the first ugly theme. No matter what theme I download and install they still won't change. Am I screwed lol? If so. And another question 99% of the themes I do try to download/install from preware give me some sort or script error any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

sorry if this was suppose to go into the theme section
    I'm not weird, it's called having a personality...I Speak Fluent Sarcasm.
    Have you tried reinstalling that first theme, then trying to uninstall it again?
    also you can just use the webos repair utility if you cant get it back to normal . all it will do is fix your issues . its really easy
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Repair utility if installing original theme and uninstalling doesn't clear up your issues. You'll be fine, things like that happen all the time.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #5  
    There was never an option to uninstall it I don't think, and I don't remember what it was. Any way to do a factory reset with out losing my contacts and apps? QuickInstall thing I downloaded came with a webos doctor. Should I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Repair utility if installing original theme and uninstalling doesn't clear up your issues. You'll be fine, things like that happen all the time.
    wow sweet your a mod now congrats !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ^^^ beat me to it The repair utility should fix the issues, otherwise you will have to Doctor the phone to get it back to original settings (shouldn't come to this though)

If you use the Doctor to go back to original settings, all of your contacts and apps will be restored from your Palm Profile. The only thing you will have to add again will be any patches you had, and your email passwords.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Hey about RU, I havnt used that in a good while and want to 'clean things up'.
    Can I run it with these things installed?
    uberkernal
    glass theme
    mobile hotspot
    I thought I remember seeing the hotspot for sure will be removed..?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    thanks posted this as I was typing my second response. Repair Utility is on my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by asiebert View Post
    thanks posted this as I was typing my second response. Repair Utility is on my phone?
    click the link to it in my post a couple up from this... It's a desktop app that works with the Doctor to repair your phone's files.
  11.    #11  
    heck yeah thanks!
    remember you have to reset the phone after install or removal.
  13.    #13  
    Doing the RU now. The "Lunar Rest" thing lol?

lots of files to scan lol..
    yup... but nothing like a good 'spring cleaning' to make the Pre all fresh and new
    repair utility is the bomb for sure !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  16.    #16  
    Dang did that repair thing and it didn't help. It said it found some files to change and I clicked fix it. My 5 icons on bottom of screen are still the ugly alien themed ones. Any other suggestions? Should I start backing my phone up now or is it automatically backed, because if just doing the webos doctor is easier to solve this I'll go ahead and do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    repair utility is the bomb for sure !!
    In my 11 months of owning a Pre, I've never had to use it. I heard it takes a while to run though...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    In my 11 months of owning a Pre, I've never had to use it. I heard it takes a while to run though...
    About 6 mins. Not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by asiebert View Post
    Dang did that repair thing and it didn't help. It said it found some files to change and I clicked fix it. My 5 icons on bottom of screen are still the ugly alien themed ones. Any other suggestions? Should I start backing my phone up now or is it automatically backed, because if just doing the webos doctor is easier to solve this I'll go ahead and do that.
    did you open the top menu and check the override compatibility ! if not run it again
    turning it on will fix everything
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    it takes a while especially if you run with the "override compatibility" set to 'off'. Then you will be asked to make a choice as to how to handle each damaged file it finds (but it does give you more control)...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast