Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    And everytime I try to retheme from preware I get error installing: see ipkg log
    I'm not weird, it's called having a personality...I Speak Fluent Sarcasm.
    did you try the over ride thing ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    asiebert:

Try this link ...

Link

Hope that helps

notimeoff
    + The Search Function is your Best Friend!
    + Reading the Entire Phone Manual can be Very Enlightening!
    + Want to thank someone here for helping you? Throw them a "Thanks"!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by notimeoff View Post
    asiebert:
    + The Search Function is your Best Friend!
    love your sig, but sometimes it so much easier to get direct help from friendly people

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    did you try the over ride thing ?
    Doing so now. Takes a lot longer when box is checked!
    Quote Originally Posted by asiebert View Post
    love your sig, but sometimes it so much easier to get direct help from friendly people Doing so now. Takes a lot longer when box is checked!
    Don't ever feel bad about posting a question... that's why we are here.
    Yes, the RU will take a bit longer with the box checked, but will give you more options in case it does find an issue.
    uninstall both themes then install desired theme

remember if u installed a theme via preware, uninstall it via preware, and same if you used your computer
  7.    #27  
    Having trouble AGAIN! UGH! Everything was perfectly fine working great but now some of the patches are giving me errors again. I did the RU without the compatability last night and it took like 14 hrs and it didnt fix it. Before I posted the first post in here I had the virtual keyboard but now I get an error AND a successfully installed msg but its not working. Anyone know what to do now?
    WebOS DR!
  9.    #29  
    Does it take super long like the RU?
    Is Virtual Keyboard the only thing giving you errors? Uninstall Virtual Keyboard, then, either using Internalz or plugging your phone into a PC in USB mode, delete the virtual-keyboard folder located on the USB partition if it exists (/media/internal/ if using Internalz). Then reinstall Virtual Keyboard.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  11.    #31  
    Damn wish i would of waited for your post i didnt know webOS dr would reset my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***! Now I have to redo EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Follow the instructions in this post so you don't have to go through manually installing everything should you need to visit the Doctor again:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2449475
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    <<threads merged to keep conversation together>>
    since you're having problems with lots of patches i would just run the webos doctor and start from scratch, sure it sucks but that way u can fix whatever is causing the problems
  15.    #35  
    did the webos doc reset, so i could get my phone back to factory settings. now when I plug my phone into my laptop it doesn't recognize the device, and webos quick install says no device found. I reinstalled the novacom drivers via webos quick, and still nothing. device manager does not even show my palm any more. I thought by plugging in the phone to pc it would automatically install the needed drivers. any help much appreciated if you could point me into the right direction. can not figure out how to reinstall my phone thanks.
    If you haven't restart your computer and then plug your device in. One of your PC's services may simply have stalled or turned off.
  17.    #37  
    tried that. I hear the chime when I plug it in but it still doesn't prompt me to install the driver is there anywher I can download it from?
    Quote Originally Posted by asiebert View Post
    tried that. I hear the chime when I plug it in but it still doesn't prompt me to install the driver is there anywher I can download it from?
    Did you enable Developer Mode again?
  19.    #39  
    nope I didn't try that. I'll try that and get back to you thank you!
    <<lightbulb>> Did you choose "USB Drive" on your Pre when you plugged it in? The computer won't recognize it as one until you choose this setting on the device. Once you choose that setting, the computer will recognize it and install any drivers (if needed).

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/25/2010 at 04:29 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast