Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hi, today i bought myself a palm pre plus, and realized that there is no option to download content from the browser. This is a big problem for me. upon searching the web i found that there is a patch to download to fix this. i, for the life of me cannot figure out how to install this patch. i downloaded WebOS quick install and i cant find the patch download anywhere. help please...it would be much appreciated.
    I'd recommend installing Preware. Using WebOS Quick Install, you can find it in the 'WebOS Internals (Pre)' feed.

Once installed, you can easily browse for patches, homebrew apps, and themes. I believe the patch you are looking for is called 'Multi Mod'. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Once you find this patch in Preware, you can tap the 'Install' button to install it. That's what's great about Preware; You can install apps, themes, and patches without the need to have your Pre connected to a PC.
    Install preware from quickinstall and it will make installing patches,themes, and homebrew apps painless instructions along with a nice beginners guide are here
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'd recommend installing Preware. Using WebOS Quick Install, you can find it in the 'WebOS Internals (Pre)' feed.

Once installed, you can easily browse for patches, homebrew apps, and themes. I believe the patch you are looking for is called 'Multi Mod'. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
    Damn you PAPERCRAFT STEVE you beat me to it
    Make sure your Pre is in developer mode.
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps
    that guide will help but instead of installing filecoaster, open up WebOS quick install and click on the blue arrow that should bring up a list of repositories, click webos internals and grab Preware. install and then open up preware. After that it should be easy to look at all the browser related patches.

happy patching!
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Damn you PAPERCRAFT STEVE you beat me to it
    Papercraft Steve is just to quick for you... Oh, and I even added more to that post before I even saw yours.
    Papercraft Steve is just to quick for you... Oh, and I even added more to that post before I even saw yours.
    But I helpfully included a link to full instructions along with a handy beginners guide
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    But I helpfully included a link to full instructions along with a handy beginners guide
    So you did. Well played 063_xobx, well played...
    So you did. Well played 063_xobx, well played...
    I won this battle but you won the war congrats on being in the top 10 and most likely a FORUM LEADER
    What kind of content is the OP trying to download? I've never needed a use for Multi-Mod that the original browser can't download.

BTW, Forums Leaders are for squares...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    What kind of content is the OP trying to download? I've never needed a use for Multi-Mod that the original browser can't download.

BTW, Forums Leaders are for squares...
    im trying to download mp3's mainly.. i downloaded file coaster to my phone, and when i tried to download them by adding the url, but it didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dalaryius13 View Post
    im trying to download mp3's mainly.. i downloaded file coaster to my phone, and when i tried to download them by adding the url, but it didn't work.
    Don't use filecoaster. Install Preware and then the patch-- it will save you time later when you discover the rest of the wonderful world of homebrew

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive