1.    #1  
    I'm just curious. How many web browsers can your Pre open?

Make sure you reboot your phone and just start hitting the web browser icon. Inform me which Pre you have.

I got to 38 on a Sprint Pre.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I remember a thread like this from a while ago. People were able to get 50+ browsers open. I don't think you'd need that many, but it's still pretty cool
    I got to 50 apps open once and lost interest...
  4.    #4  
    I'm talking about a original Pre though. I don't remember being able to open more than like 15 before.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I'm talking about a original Pre though. I don't remember being able to open more than like 15 before.
    Yes, the thread I was talking about was from when the Pre was only available from Sprint

I'm sure as we've gotten updates, WebOS has been made much more efficient...
    I was messing around the other day had quite a few open, couldn't tell you the count though. I do notice it depends on what you have opened (if you have the patch that doesn't limit image size), opening image intensive sites will get you a TMC way quicker than say opening google pages, since mobile google isn't so memory instensive.
    On my Verizon Pre Plus with a 720mhz kernel.
    47 with the 720 mhz kernel.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    opened like 35 or so...kinda stopped counting lol
    restarting my Pre now....

Just opened 54 on a Sprint Pre with the SuperPre 800MHz kernel.
    Last edited by Complex Pants; 05/23/2010 at 07:46 PM.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Sprint Pre - 53 Cards Open

800Mhz Compache Kernal 1.4.5.1
    sbromwich - Java Mod & Disable Logging Patches
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyo View Post
    On my Verizon Pre Plus with a 720mhz kernel.
    Let me clarify this. I didn't reach tmc I just got to the point where i was lagging so bad i would tap the browser icon and it would take 30 seconds to open up.
    The problem isn't opening the web browser, I can open a ton that way. It's loading more than usually 3 actual pages that is an issue with the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The problem isn't opening the web browser, I can open a ton that way. It's loading more than usually 3 actual pages that is an issue with the browser.
    I concur. Try opening news.google.com and see how many of those you can open. I haven't tried, but I'm betting it's in the low single digits before TMC rears its ugly head (at least on a Sprint Pre). Of course, they won't all be usable either--after you open the second or third one, the first one will reload if you look at it again.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    ok,just open 58 web browser with my sprint pre.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I concur. Try opening news.google.com and see how many of those you can open. I haven't tried, but I'm betting it's in the low single digits before TMC rears its ugly head (at least on a Sprint Pre). Of course, they won't all be usable either--after you open the second or third one, the first one will reload if you look at it again.
    I just tried that one and logged into precentral I was able to get 8 more (news.google.net) pages open. I had one or two pages needing a refresh as I moved in between my cards.

So 9 on a stock sprint pre.
    The data can be kind of skewed. For instance I can probably open way more web pages that only show text and no other graphics etc versus opening web pages that have a lot of data intensive stuff going on within the web page.

If you really want to do a test you should all be opening the same type of web pages to determine whatever it is you are looking to determine.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If you really want to do a test you should all be opening the same type of web pages to determine whatever it is you are looking to determine.
    Yes I think so to, that's why I did jbg7474 suggestion of news.google.com, but started from precentral.net logged in.