1.    #1  
    I accidentally dropped my pre yesterday putting it into my pants pocket. It landed on it's power button and now it feels like it's stuck in the down position all of the time. I can still use the button, but it only works if I press on one side of it and I don't get the feeling like I actually pushed a button.

Any one know if this is easy to repair? Any place to order parts from so I can attempt to fix it myself? Can a sprint store do it? How much do you think they would charge? (no insurance)

Thanks for the advice.
    Same thing happened to my daughter's Pre from being dropped, she fixed it by using the instructions in this thread by cutting off a small piece of eraser and installing it under the plastic button. Give a try, might work for you too.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...utton-fix.html
  3.    #3  
    Awesome thanks. I didn't have to fully remove my power button, but after taking off the back, i could use a pin and pry it up a little. It isn't perfect, but its way better then it was before.
  4.    #4  
    OK, well just fiddling with the button is less and less perfect every time i press the button. How did they get the power button out to try that paper thing?

Never mind, reading is fundamental.
    Last edited by grandebob; 05/23/2010 at 08:46 PM.
    My power button got stuck as well and I had to press it hard to unlock the phone. I just brought it to the Sprint store today and they had it like brand new within 3 minutes. No insurance needed and all they asked was for my phone number. I suggest you find your nearest Sprint store with a repair center.
    Quote Originally Posted by dachiefmizzy View Post
    My power button got stuck as well and I had to press it hard to unlock the phone. I just brought it to the Sprint store today and they had it like brand new within 3 minutes. No insurance needed and all they asked was for my phone number. I suggest you find your nearest Sprint store with a repair center.
    Same here. It's a common problem. Just make sure you go to a Sprint store that can fix it on premises.
    My launch day Pre finally started having this issue. I didn't drop it or anything but the button no longer "clicks" when you press it. It has a squishy feel to it and I have to keep pressing it to get it to work.

Everything else has been pretty much flawless so I think I'll try some of the suggestions and fix it myself. I don't want to trade it in for another phone.