1.    #1  
    Last edited by levoresume; 01/23/2016 at 07:47 AM.
    Craigslist or ebay are your best bet for a cheap Palm Pre Plus.

I'm assuming you want an AT&T version. Those aren't going to be too cheap since it just came out. You should be able to find one for $350 - $450.
    I you are happy with a Pre+ from Verizon, they offer a one year contract with the phone priced at either $100 or $120 (depending on day of the week it seems). Only drawback, at least in CA and perhaps elsewhere, sales tax is charged on the inflated $600 list price, so phone ends up costing around $170.
    Offer up a trade on Craigslist for the iphone... Someone out there will do it.
    If you choke a smurf what color would it turn?

SCP-8100 by Sanyo> Treo 300 by Palm> Hitachi SH-G1000> VI-2300 by Sanyo> LX150 by LG> MM-7500 by Sanyo> MOTORAZR™ V3m by Motorola> M330 by Samsung> MOTO Q9c by Motorola> Palm® Pre
  5.    #5  
    ok, what if i buy directly from at&t and cancel the contract next day, totally how much does the pre cost to me?? include ETF etc...?
    thanks..
    sell your iphone for enough to pay the early termination fee, then you can sign another contract and get it for $149, or $49 if you switch to VZ...or use the money from selling your iPhone to pay for a non-contract Pre. iPhones sell for a good price, so you should get decent money...
    The ETF is $250 or $275 I believe. Plus cost of your day of service, activation fee, and however much you paid for the device. So, total is around $450.

I still say ebay or craigslist is your best bet
    cost of ETF goes down over the life of the contract. How much time do you have left on the current contract? It will eventually shrink to about $50 as your upgrade date approaches...
  9.    #9  
    i still have 1 more year left of my current contract. i think ETF is $175 for att, isn't it? my estimation is $175 ETF+$149 phone itself+ .... = around $350. am i right?
    OP, bad news. AT&T's ETF for smartphones is being raised to $325 starting June 1st. That's tomorrow.

So, that plan doesn't seem like it's going to work now... Hmm.

--edit
    June 1st is actually Tuesday. My mistake
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 05/30/2010 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by levoresume View Post
    i still have 1 more year left of my current contract. i think ETF is $175 for att, isn't it? my estimation is $175 ETF+$149 phone itself+ .... = around $350. am i right?
    So you're going to cancel your current contract and then start a new one so you get the new member price?

I'm just trying to understand this
    I bought one outright for 399. Simple and to the point. I had been saving for the Pre for quite a while. It's worth every penny.
    It's going up for new contracts. They can't change it on his existing contract....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    I bought one outright for 399. Simple and to the point. I had been saving for the Pre for quite a while. It's worth every penny.
    Thant's a good plan. You can sell your iPhone and probably get half of that back... or use that money for an extra battery, etc...

unless your ETF is down to a small number. How many months do you have left? You can always hit the caht button on the AT&T site and they can look up your current ETF...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/30/2010 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It's going up for new contracts. They can't change it on his existing contract....
    That's true. I realized it after I posted that