Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I lost my original black and orange suede case and used a leather belt one and a felt one I made. The screen got filthy. After three weeks, I found the original one. Screen is now pristine again.

Bottom line - suede automatically cleans the screen.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Phone tripod:

You can mount a $7 'fits any device' tripod head (looks like a u clamp) on a gorillapod for a really bangup pre tripod. Would work on the pixie too.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Put NoDoze on the phone next to Google Maps.

NoDoze keeps your screen from turning off. If you turn it when you using Google Maps directions you don't have to fiddle with phone while driving to keep the screen up.

If the phone is charging in the car anyway, it's not a problem for battery use.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    for some reason, when the keyboard is warm (i.e. fresh off the touchstone) the keys are a heck of a lot more clicky and very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    for some reason, when the keyboard is warm (i.e. fresh off the touchstone) the keys are a heck of a lot more clicky and very nice.
    I notice this all the time, too! I love it.
    Ha! I can see it now in a Palm Pre instruction manual:

To achieve maximum keyboard clickiness, let phone charge on Touchstone for 5-10 minutes before usage.
    Or bake at 350 for 5-6 minutes, or until 'clicky' to the touch
    Something I've learned: Preware Rocks!
    3G toggle really helps battery life.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    An extended battery doesn't necessarily perform better than stock (seido 1350 was losing 10-13% per hour, stock 1150 is losing 5-8 per hour)
    the first two weeks with your pre will have you pounding the web 12 hours per day because the Pre is so much fun (and such an addiction), which will cause you to order a 2600mah battery.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/24/2010 at 11:55 AM.
  12. Xak
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Kiyo - how? what will that do?
    thanks for reply.

- Xak
    Quote Originally Posted by Xak View Post
    Kiyo - how? what will that do?
    thanks for reply.

- Xak
    Battery drains significantly when 3G is on. I usually have it off all the time since I'm either at school or at home where there's wifi.
    when in dead zone (class) toggle phone and 3g radio to off.
    sliding pre open will help heat dispersion
    brightness unlinker will save on battery life

to help with synergy, rename your aim contacts too match that of your gmail contacts so you dont have to manually link them. facebook contacts cant be renamed so you might want to rename your aim/gmail contacts to correspond to the facebook ones.
    I just learned that the Touch Stone charger will work while the Pre is in the little sleeping bag that comes in the box!

That's especially good because the sleeping bag is the most effective way I have found to clean fingerprints off the screen - just by sliding it in and out of the bag. Don't rub it side-to-side or you will exacerbate any oreo effect you might have...
    PreCentral is just as addicting as your Pre, and you are not alone. Here are some thoughts from people that really love their phone (is it weird to "love" a phone?)

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...gger-when.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Battery drains significantly when 3G is on. I usually have it off all the time since I'm either at school or at home where there's wifi.
    does it drain more when 3g is on as opposed to 1x?

3g isn't used for text/calls right? so if someone made a patch that turned 3g off when the screen if off you'd still receive calls/text but not be able to use web (which wouldn't matter because you're not using the phone)?
    cantaffordit, that link is dead or invalid.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonie luv View Post
    does it drain more when 3g is on as opposed to 1x?

3g isn't used for text/calls right? so if someone made a patch that turned 3g off when the screen if off you'd still receive calls/text but not be able to use web (which wouldn't matter because you're not using the phone)?
    Could be an idea BUT what about email/imap idle/eas or any other app that uses data when screen is off? Dont know if these would be ok at 1x speeds which may trigger phone is data roaming theories.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediademics View Post
    cantaffordit, that link is dead or invalid.
    Try it again... it worked for me just now. Or, you can search for "tree-hugger" to find it. You have to include the hyphen.

Also, the thread number is 238518...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast