1.    #1  
    Sorry for a second thread on this but i couldn't find the other one. Im operating a vista machine, I have installed, uninstalled, rebooted, installed and done everything the forums have suggested and still nothing. I got it to work once and then got a new phone and now it will not work again and yes its in dev mode. We have four Pre's and none of them will work..............HELP!
    Try restarting the PC and if that doesn't work manually reenable the novacom driver
    make sure the phone is completely booted before plugging in in to the pc.

also, make sure you use the palm-branded cable. I've found some of the cheaper cables don't work for data (but they work for charging... Not sure why)
    For future reference: if you are having problems locating a thread in which you previously posted, click on your screen name in the upper right corner of the forum listings. Then go to statistics. The top box has a link that will take you to all your previous posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    make sure the phone is completely booted before plugging in in to the pc.

also, make sure you use the palm-branded cable. I've found some of the cheaper cables don't work for data (but they work for charging... Not sure why)
    Maybe because their imitations.. I had to throw one away lately. (:-(
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    my pre will not go into USB mode when plugged into any PC. UGH!!!!
  7.    #7  
    Palm cable, check. Rebooted fully, check. Manually re enable please explain yourself, I have opened the palm folder in program files and manually installed the exe for that and still nothing.
  8.    #8  
    got it to work, switched usb ports but where is preware on precentral apps? cant find it thru quick install.
    It is in webos internals apps
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I had no problem with the Novacomm drivers, but am unable to get the diagnostic drivers to work. I need the phone to go into diagnostic mode for the nextgenserver unlock method, these drivers are supposed to be automatic but I get nothing....